Inbox (0)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Double Bonded

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to start suiting up for interviews like
th_barneystinson.gif

but it feels like
tumblr_l8nq4oMjU31qbbw9no1_r1_400.gif
when there's nothing in my inbox.

Anyone else sick of not hearing anything back from schools?

(im vacation drunk right now so srry if it doesn't make too much sense)

Members don't see this ad.

Same here!!!! :(
I've been constantly checking my inbox every 10mins at work. Still nada...no...nothing!!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
When is Howard and OTHER schools gona start reviewing our files? I paid alot of MONEY for this to happen lol

It's :( to watch others get interviews when you don't have any. But, it's still early. Keep your chin :thumbup:. I've refreshed my mail box, AADSAS, SDN interview thread soooo many times.

Still nothing!

I'm waiting on NYU mostly. I got an application complete from them on 7/26 and I was really excited about the school. How do I know they're not interested? is it just the lack of communication?

According to my friend who is a student at Howard, they don't start giving out invites until... wait for it ... wait for it... OCTOBER !!!! :smuggrin:

waiting sucks but i cant stop checking aadsas and my inbox:oops:

According to my friend who is a student at Howard, they don't start giving out invites until... wait for it ... wait for it... OCTOBER !!!! :smuggrin:

Yikes! That is crazy late. I don't know if my ticker can wait that long!

I heard UCLA is super late too...

tumblr_ll5iy8UYJj1qcc1r9o1_500.gif

(at least i have barney .gifs to keep me patient)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm now getting annoyed when I get emails from people who are not adcoms! I'm not replying any emails from other people because I don't want to encourage them to write me back. Isn't this just sad??

I'm now getting annoyed when I get emails from people who are not adcoms! I'm not replying any emails from other people because I don't want to encourage them to write me back. Isn't this just sad??

Haha no not at all...I unsubscribed from like 3 different email lists because I hate getting teased by having a new email and seeing its just Nordstroms or something annoying like that!

Haha no not at all...I unsubscribed from like 3 different email lists because I hate getting teased by having a new email and seeing its just Nordstroms or something annoying like that!

Lol me too!

Amazon.com, ebay, and Oakley for me

This definately looks like my inbox today.... not even a spam mail

Just got an email from WesternU said that

"Good News!"
[i was like, yesssss finally its my turn. Thanks God....]

"Your application is eligible for review and will be sent to the Admissions Committee."
[wtf is this, slap in the face?]

This is just news. NOT good news. i hate you westernU.....

"Good News!"

"Your application is eligible for review and will be sent to the Admissions Committee."

:laugh: Keep your chin up wizster, we're in the same boat my friend.

Double Bonded: Love the NPH gifs, nice thread :p

:laugh: Keep your chin up wizster, we're in the same boat my friend.

Double Bonded: Love the NPH gifs, nice thread :p

ok, i am gonna hijack this thread then.
Kahr,

Hopefully you will get interviews soon.

LOL i like the pictures people are posting to communicate their feelings :p

I love Barney! Not the purple reptile, but the man who is legen-... wait for it-...-dary!

The only invites I've gotten were to go get scammed somehow.

Every time my inbox has a new email my heart skips a beat! and then it's nothing :scared:

"Good News!"

LOL i got one of these too. it said something like: "Good News! We need another check."

i wish when every applicant made an AADSAS account they were also required to make a predents profile!!! it sucks b/c we can't see ALL the stats! :mad::(

i wish when every applicant made an AADSAS account they were also required to make a predents profile!!! it sucks b/c we can't see ALL the stats! :mad::(

Or even better, don't you love it when they have a predents profile and you click on their profile to see their individual scores that make up their 19/20 AA and they're all 0 -____-

"19TS/20AA/23PAT
ogpa:3.2, sgpa:3.0, nsgpa:3.6:rolleyes: "

umadbro?

Looks like we're all using Gmail too... :bow:

Or even better, don't you love it when they have a predents profile and you click on their profile to see their individual scores that make up their 19/20 AA and they're all 0 -____-

hahahaha agreed!!! that's also the worst!

I would have rather received 2 rejections than heard nothing, like today.

I would have rather received 2 rejections than heard nothing, like today.

**** that, rejections are worse than waiting. I do have the position on knowing exactly why I haven't gotten any "good" or bad news, so maybe if you didn't know at all why you hadn't heard anything it might be annoying, but a rejection is still worse I think.

I never thought an LOR would screw me over so hard, 7 out of 8 schools I've applied to have told me I'm on hold until they get my third LOR (from a microbio professor). This guy won't answer emails, return phone calls, etc, he was so enthusiastic about writing my letter at the beginning of summer, now he's just left me for dead. (And before anyone comments, I live 6000~ miles from him, so I can't just drop by his office)

**** that, rejections are worse than waiting. I do have the position on knowing exactly why I haven't gotten any "good" or bad news, so maybe if you didn't know at all why you hadn't heard anything it might be annoying, but a rejection is still worse I think.

I never thought an LOR would screw me over so hard, 7 out of 8 schools I've applied to have told me I'm on hold until they get my third LOR (from a microbio professor). This guy won't answer emails, return phone calls, etc, he was so enthusiastic about writing my letter at the beginning of summer, now he's just left me for dead. (And before anyone comments, I live 6000~ miles from him, so I can't just drop by his office)
I actually asked 4 people to write me recommendation letters and submit the first three that sends it and then delete the last one. You should get someone else to write you a letter.

I actually asked 4 people to write me recommendation letters and submit the first three that sends it and then delete the last one. You should get someone else to write you a letter.

Yes well, I thought of that long ago, as a non-science major, my options are slim for hard science professors, which is what I need (got a physics prof already for an LOR, need another though). Plenty of PhDs in the social sciences, but none are what I need.

If you happen to have a wonderful professor with slightly fewer scruples, I'd love to bribe him/her into writing for me. [/joke]

Still Inbox(0) & Spam(0). Sighhh....
I applied really early, 3.3sGPA and 3.3GPA. 22TS/21AA/19PAT. Don't know what I did wrong in my apps :(

This guy won't answer emails, return phone calls, etc, he was so enthusiastic about writing my letter at the beginning of summer, now he's just left me for dead.

That is so awful - I'm really sorry about that, and I hope that you hear back soon! It's so frustrating when people do stuff like that... whatever happened to the common courtesy of returning people's phone calls??

Still Inbox(0) & Spam(0). Sighhh....
I applied really early, 3.3sGPA and 3.3GPA. 22TS/21AA/19PAT. Don't know what I did wrong in my apps :(

It's still pretty early on and your stats definitely put you in the running... hang in there, I'm sure you'll hear soon!! ;)

That blows. Have you sent in any secondary fees yet?

I have 5 interviews and I want 5 more, damn it.

Just kidding, booking all these trips is driving me crazy.

wow i thought I was only one!!! I'm frustrated because my application was done on 6/5. DAT scores didn't come in till like july 25th or something. Then my ochem professor took from may until second week of august to finally submitted my letter so that was like aug 8. Around that time I decided to add NYU and Nova to my list. A few days ago I get a rejection letter from nova when I just added the school this month but I haven't heard anything from the other 10 schools I applied to except they are barely going to start reviewing my application. Frustration to the max!!!

That blows. Have you sent in any secondary fees yet?

Haha, dude, all 8 schools have deposited my checks (or gotten their fee paid online), along with supplementals for UW, MWUAZ, and Western. I think it's hilarious that my app won't even get reviewed due to it missing a single LOR. Anyway, I'll post up some hysteric rant if I ever get that LOR, else I'll quietly exit SDN with my failure this app cycle due to rejections holds.

wow i thought I was only one!!! I'm frustrated because my application was done on 6/5. DAT scores didn't come in till like july 25th or something. Then my ochem professor took from may until second week of august to finally submitted my letter so that was like aug 8. Around that time I decided to add NYU and Nova to my list. A few days ago I get a rejection letter from nova when I just added the school this month but I haven't heard anything from the other 10 schools I applied to except they are barely going to start reviewing my application. Frustration to the max!!!

And surely we are not the only two. :(

Haha, dude, all 8 schools have deposited my checks (or gotten their fee paid online), along with supplementals for UW, MWUAZ, and Western. I think it's hilarious that my app won't even get reviewed due to it missing a single LOR. Anyway, I'll post up some hysteric rant if I ever get that LOR, else I'll quietly exit SDN with my failure this app cycle due to rejections holds.

And surely we are not the only two. :(

i share in your LOR exasperation... 3rd faculty LOR just got sent yesterday and i'm still waiting on that dentist :/ they've each had over 3 months!

With every new thread about how some new school is sending out interview invites my heart rate goes up unhealthily. FML.

i share in your LOR exasperation... 3rd faculty LOR just got sent yesterday and i'm still waiting on that dentist :/ they've each had over 3 months!

I guess procrastination is a lifelong trait for some. :oops: My dentist was quick and thorough about it fortunately, but I was also able to talk to him frequently because he lives where I do.

As an update, at 4am today, my old microbio professor calls me... then tells me that he's very sorry and that he's submitted his LOR. He CLAIMS the college's email system dumped all his mail and thus didn't know what was going on. Furthermore he says that today was the first day of class and when he got my voicemail. While I'm a bit skeptical, I'm just going to be content that it's finally in. Now for more waiting!

With every new thread about how some new school is sending out interview invites my heart rate goes up unhealthily. FML.

Lane, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you one of those applicants with ridiculously high stats? I'd have thought by now you would have been drowning in interviews.