Incarnate Word 2016 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why not go to UT, Tech, A&M or Houston?? It's half the price!

UIW is great. I love love love the faculty and staff. They genuinely care if you succeed. I have heard from pharmacists that I work with that recently graduated from UT, that this is not the experience they had. They said that people don't even know who you are at that school. On our second day of orientation, our counselors were calling us by our first names already. yup, all 105 of us. I thought that was awesome. We had professors carrying our pictures and names around so they can learn who we are. Every class is different but our class everyone feels like you are part of a huge family. My advice would be to go check out both schools and see what fits you better. You should go where you feel comfortable. Good luck with getting a tour at UT. I called when I was applying and was told "we don't give tours" Needless to say, I did not apply there. lol. I love the fact that I can sit down with any member of my graduating class and hold a conversation with them about anything. You should base your decision on the whole school and not just the price. But in the end, this is going to be a school that you will spend most of your life for the next 4 years, just make sure it suits you, or you will be miserable.

Members don't see this ad.

For those folks who went down to interview Monday, what was your experience with the school and faculty?

The interview and entire day was very relaxed and the staff was super friendly. It consisted of a writing sample, a critical thinking exam, a tour, Q&A with Current Pharm. Students, the interview and lunch. The interview wasn't really questions either it was more of a conversation with 2-3 faculty members.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those folks who went down to interview Monday, what was your experience with the school and faculty?

I have to agree with jrvanlie, the interview process was very welcoming and smooth-sailing. The faculty were all really nice. We even got to hear from the Dean, who is a very passionate speaker. The students and staff are all there to put you at ease and want you to succeed. The questions were "get to know you" kind of questions, so for all those who are going to get the next interview, just be yourself! They even give us a survey at the end to see what we thought of the whole process.All the interviewees I spoke with seemed pleased with their interviews!

Good luck to all! Hope to hear plenty good news in February!:)

I am going to agree with everyone else. I actually interviewed last year and was wait listed. The interview this year was very much the same, but I like how much more organized it was this year. Everything was blocked into times, from the essay, to interview, to comprehensive questions, then a student only question session followed by the deans last words. Very well run. They gave a tour of the school. The school is pretty tech forward and a lot of the things are new. Parking structure for students is underground. Looks like there are plenty of rental properties within a 15 minute drive and all very affordable. This was has become my number 1 school.

The only question you should know is how to introduce yourself and why this school. Everything else is just get to know you and how you think questions.

I am going to agree with everyone else. I actually interviewed last year and was wait listed. The interview this year was very much the same, but I like how much more organized it was this year. Everything was blocked into times, from the essay, to interview, to comprehensive questions, then a student only question session followed by the deans last words. Very well run. They gave a tour of the school. The school is pretty tech forward and a lot of the things are new. Parking structure for students is underground. Looks like there are plenty of rental properties within a 15 minute drive and all very affordable. This was has become my number 1 school.

The only question you should know is how to introduce yourself and why this school. Everything else is just get to know you and how you think questions.

If you don't mine me asking what were your stats last year compared to this year? I am nervous...

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

They aren't sending letters until Feb. 1. hopefully we all have good news for you then.

About a month left to wait!! It's killing me.

Still waiting for my application to be sent to UIW by PharmCAS. Good luck to all!

Can anyone provide a quick stat for UIW admission in previous year? I'll appreciate it...

You can access this information through PharmCAS.

I received an acceptance email today!! :D hooorah! It's way earlier than the feb 1 deadline they mentioned!

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one too!! Congrats, good luck everyone!

:D<--- cheesin cause I got accepted too! WOOOTTTTTTT! Good luck you guys!

Congratulations to both of you! I just received acknowledgement that both my PharmCAS and supplemental have been received. Hoping for the best now!

Congrats to those who have been accepted !
Would anyone who has been accepted like to share what their pact was like, bc i feel that is where I am seriously lacking.

I missed the deadline for early admissions so I'm still waiting for a response about an interview!
I am going nuts waiting.

I got an email that stated I will be receiving the letter shortly in the mail. I may have gotten an email because I am from New York and they wanted to give me the same amount of time as everyone else. Maybe?!

anyone got an invite for the second round of interviews yet?

Yes. I just got it today hurray!

Two of my friends got interview invites today via email for Saturday, February 25th. Interviewing times from 8-12PM or 12-4PM.

Still patiently waiting :)

So how were the questions for the interview ... meaning was it tricky or straight forward? I usually get nervous in interviews and tend not to hear properly and just blah .. lol any tips on how to stay calm and just go with it/???

I just got an interview invite for February 25th. I chose the 8:00am time slot. Anyone else going?! :)

I am! I just signed up for 1:00PM though.

Hi, I got my interview email thursday afternoon and I chose the 1pm-5pm time slot too??!!!

Got an interview invite for 2/25 here too but will decline if first choice school accepts. Anyone know what the proper timeline/etiquette is for last minute interview cancellation?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

I have my interview as well on the 25th! I hope all of you guys do well and I know you guys are going to be a wonderful pharmacist in the future :D

Hey guys I interviewed back in January, my advice would just be relaxed seriously after to going to other interviews UIW has been my easiest/most relaxed one yet. Also most organized the interview is basically a conversation so don't worry at all promise!

so does anyone know if all the interviews have been sent out yet?

I just checked the interview scheduling site, and there is only 3 spots left for interview..so I am not sure :(

signed up for the later time. 12:30? Is there a way we can check to confirm our interview time online?

signed up for the later time. 12:30? Is there a way we can check to confirm our interview time online?

No, you're suppose to print out the confirmation page when you registered. Don't worry, your interview time is in your folder they give you at the interview. The groups are divided by interview times as well, so everyone in your group has the same interview time.

So, I haven't heard anything from Incarnate. Should I assume that I didn't get accepted? I've heard people from my interview group got accepted already. :(

No, you're suppose to print out the confirmation page when you registered. Don't worry, your interview time is in your folder they give you at the interview. The groups are divided by interview times as well, so everyone in your group has the same interview time.

So, I haven't heard anything from Incarnate. Should I assume that I didn't get accepted? I've heard people from my interview group got accepted already. :(

I did print out the form and it was in my backpack, which got stolen today. Very thankful that it was only a spiral notebook that barely had anything in it.

I am going to call the school to figure it out.

I did print out the form and it was in my backpack, which got stolen today. Very thankful that it was only a spiral notebook that barely had anything in it.

I am going to call the school to figure it out.

They will tell you your interview time on the day of the interview. It'll be in your folder.

I called the school and one of the counselors said they will send out all interview/rejection letters by the end of the week. So if you interviewed and did not get an email, you'll hear back by the end of the week.

I called the school and one of the counselors said they will send out all interview/rejection letters by the end of the week. So if you interviewed and did not get an email, you'll hear back by the end of the week.

Looks like a rejection letter coming to me :(

Thanks for the update, tommyg313. Crossing my fingers for an invite!

Looks like a rejection letter coming to me :(
@XSV not really I received a call saying they sending the letters out by this week but they didnt say whether it was a rejection or not...stay positive...

@XSV not really I received a call saying they sending the letters out by this week but they didnt say whether it was a rejection or not...stay positive...

Stay Positive!! Anything can happen you guys :)

Sorry, I meant the answer could be a wait list/accepted. didn't mean to say rejected.

So who else got interview on FEB 25th, at 1PM ? :)

I'll be there for the 8:00 am.
Any suggestions you guys on what to wear? Is long sleeve shirt and tie good enough or do i need to wear a coat? A complete suit?
Thanks.
z

I'll be there for the 8:00 am.
Any suggestions you guys on what to wear? Is long sleeve shirt and tie good enough or do i need to wear a coat? A complete suit?
Thanks.
z

complete suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!