Incarnate Word 2016 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if we are required to buy the Dell laptop from UIW?

Members don't see this ad.

I scheduled my interview for the 25th but forgot to print the confirmation. I was so excited that I forgot. Will they be asking for my confirmation page when I get to the interview?.

Yes you are required to buy the computer. That is what they told us at the Dec. interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I scheduled my interview for the 25th but forgot to print the confirmation. I was so excited that I forgot. Will they be asking for my confirmation page when I get to the interview?.

Yes, they ask for it before you enter the school. If you don't have it you can't attend the interview.

jk, they dont ask for it. :laugh: your interview time will be in your folder that they give you.

Yes, they ask for it before you enter the school. If you don't have it you can't attend the interview.

jk, they dont ask for it. :laugh: your interview time will be in your folder that they give you.

So, what is in our interview folder? - Schedule.. and then what else?!:scared:

So, what is in our interview folder? - Schedule.. and then what else?!:scared:
The agenda for the day, a survey, and I think a form that list courses your are missing. There some other papers in there as well.

Yes you are required to buy the computer. That is what they told us at the Dec. interview.

Are you sure they require one to purchase a laptop from them, and not require that you just have one?
The laptop requirements for regular UIW students is that they can purchase one from the university or elsewhere, but must have one.

they make you sign a form saying that you must purchase a laptop from the school. they give you certain options and whatnot but it is overpriced. just dont sign the contract and you save yourself 500 bucks

Still haven't heard anything from Incarnate. It's been almost 2 months.

So just out of curiosity: UIW students are only required to buy a school-contracted model if they sign a contract, but they have the option of not signing?

I ask because at A&M the "recommended" model is an expensive piece of junk. I have never had problems with my mac, despite them warning me about not buying the school's crappy Dell.

So just out of curiosity: UIW students are only required to buy a school-contracted model if they sign a contract, but they have the option of not signing?

I ask because at A&M the "recommended" model is an expensive piece of junk. I have never had problems with my mac, despite them warning me about not buying the school's crappy Dell.
Just to clear things up about the laptop, I'm a pharmacy student now and it is required to buy a laptop from the school. The options are on the website. But you do have to purchase one from the school

Just to clear things up about the laptop, I'm a pharmacy student now and it is required to buy a laptop from the school. The options are on the website. But you do have to purchase one from the school
You can use whatever laptop you want but you have to buy one from the school

You can use whatever laptop you want but you have to buy one from the school

So it is safely to say that you own a laptop from the school... is the laptop usable? any problems? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
So it is safely to say that you own a laptop from the school... is the laptop usable? any problems? :scared:

I haven't heard of any problems with the laptop. It comes with a 3-year accidental coverage so if ANYTHING happens to it, it will be fixed or replaced. That's a good thing. I have heard a lot of people complaining about the netbook. It's tiny and doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. But if you plan on using a laptop you already have, this is a cheaper option. The laptop is not the best but it's not that bad. It does everything that I need it to do for school. It's also nice that we all have the same laptop when teachers are explaining how to do stuff or when you forget your charger at home and need to borrow one from someone :)

lol. you got me. I was freaking out till I scrolled down. lol

I give up my seat. So gl to all you guys.

Is it a closed or open file interview?
Thanks in advance.
z

Best wishes for everyone tomorrow! Just relax! Don't forget to be yourself! =D

Thanks to everyone who provided useful tips.
Now we all wait until March 15 for the results.
Good luck to all.
z

I know!! I am waiting for my plane to catch but anxious about it.:eek:

Hi guys, Is any one heard anything for December 12 interview? its long time.

Hi guys, Is any one heard anything for December 12 interview? its long time.

I haven't heard anything. I assume I didn't get accepted or wait listed.

I haven't heard anything. I assume I didn't get accepted or wait listed.

I've heard they already accepted 15 people from the early decision interview spot if I heard it right..

I've heard they already accepted 15 people from the early decision interview spot if I heard it right..

A fellow classmate who interviewed the same time as me was accepted.

Any idea on how many people interviewed in Dec? In Feb there was well over 100.

I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people they have interviewed and accepted

Any idea on how many people interviewed in Dec? In Feb there was well over 100.

I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people they have interviewed and accepted

I believe around 160 to 180 for the morning and afternoon session. Not all the seats were filled up for the p1 classroom when I went to the afternoon one.

I interviewed way back in December and I didn't hear anything yet still. I called the admissions offices and they said that if I haven't heard anything that means I haven't been ranked yet and that I would hear something back by the 15th of March.

I'm scared because I thought I heard that if you were accepted or waitlisted, you would be notified in january.

When was the early decision interview

I thought the early decision interviews were back in December?? hmm, I have talked to the counselor and she said they JUST finished ranking the students and sent to admissions committee for a review.

good luck and blessings to all of us!

10 more days :xf:

Good luck everyone I hope you all get some good news soon!!

Good luck everyone.....only 9 more days left. Patience, persistence and positivity :xf:

Interviewed in december...They are sending out letters before end of this week....

Interviewed in december...They are sending out letters before end of this week....

Was your interview early decision interview??

If not, how many people showed up?

Was your interview early decision interview??

If not, how many people showed up?
I interviewed with everyone...I received a call in february saying my application was in good standing....received a call yesterday...letter should be coming in sometime this week.

Accepted..Goodluck to everyone else!!!!!!
I was also in the December interview panel.
Io haven't heard anything yet.
By the way how did they notified you about acceptance? email or phone 1st?

last year, they emailed my acceptance letter to me. it should be the same this year since its quicker than snail mail

looking for a roommate. message me if you are interested. im a guy fyi