Incarnate Word Pharm-D How are you paying for tuition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who is helping with your education ?

• Mom and dad/savings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personal loans/graduate loans

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Scholarships

• I really don't know.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

markedatbirth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My wife was accepted to UIW and just wanted to get some feedback without getting too personal. How do you plan to pay the $26000 a year tuition? We are looking into different options for financial aid and scholarships. Just want to know what everyone else is doing. Any ideas welcome! :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

My wife was accepted to UIW and just wanted to get some feedback without getting too personal. How do you plan to pay the $26000 a year tuition? We are looking into different options for financial aid and scholarships. Just want to know what everyone else is doing. Any ideas welcome! :idea:

Congrats. I will be taking out loans. Entering pharm students will be receiving financial aid packets by June 1st which will estimate the cost of attendance for the school year. Most of us will be eligible for Federal Stafford Loans. In addition, there is the Graduate Plus Loan and private loans she may want in addition to the Federal Stafford Loans. Have you gone to the financial aid website for UIW, if not, here is the URL, http://www.uiw.edu/finaid/. The information on the website has not been updated for the upcoming school year, but it offers insight to how she will be able to finance school. I hope this information helps. BTW, there is another thread for UIW Class of 2012, search for it by typing Incarnate Word University and a list will populate and UIW Class of 2012 is the running title of the tread.

Congrats. I will be taking out loans. Entering pharm students will be receiving financial aid packets by June 1st which will estimate the cost of attendance for the school year. Most of us will be eligible for Federal Stafford Loans. In addition, there is the Graduate Plus Loan and private loans she may want in addition to the Federal Stafford Loans. Have you gone to the financial aid website for UIW, if not, here is the URL, http://www.uiw.edu/finaid/. The information on the website has not been updated for the upcoming school year, but it offers insight to how she will be able to finance school. I hope this information helps. BTW, there is another thread for UIW Class of 2012, search for it by typing Incarnate Word University and a list will populate and UIW Class of 2012 is the running title of the tread.

There will be no free money from the government anymore because it's professional school. I would avoid personal loans as much as possible. You should be able to cover everything with your stafford and grad plus loans. The office of student affairs always is informing us of scholarships they have in their office. I tried not taking out the full amount in grad plus loans at first, but I had to pull the remainder out for the spring semester.