include GPA in resume?

Mgirl

10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2008
  1. Pre-Psychology
Hi all...I'm applying for a PhD in clinical psych. Should I remove my GPA from my resume? They'll see it elsewhere, so I'm thinking I should just get rid of it. Also- I know some schools prefer CV but I'm thinking of sticking with a resume b/c I don't have publications and such to mention, and so I think my resume does a better job of packaging my accomplishments..what do you all think?

Olivia101884

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2008
  1. Psychology Student
I think it depends on your GPA. If you have a notably high GPA (3.8 or better; perhaps even above 3.7), I would definitely include it.

I think you're fine in doing a resume as well. Many schools ask for a "resume," so you're only following instructions by submitting just that. Good luck!

JockNerd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2007
  1. Psychology Student
You should still be sending a CV, even if it's short. No one expects an applicant to have the 26-page CVs that faculty have on their web pages. Go to your uni's career resource center if you need tips on how to dress things up for inclusion.

I put my GPA and GREs on my CV during application, just so everything was there. I don't usually put it on my CV, but it seemed pertinent for an application CV.

psybee

Psychology Grad Student!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
in the sheltering embrace of steel and concrete
www.hobo.com
  1. Psychology Student
Hi all...I'm applying for a PhD in clinical psych. Should I remove my GPA from my resume? They'll see it elsewhere, so I'm thinking I should just get rid of it. Also- I know some schools prefer CV but I'm thinking of sticking with a resume b/c I don't have publications and such to mention, and so I think my resume does a better job of packaging my accomplishments..what do you all think?

CV's are what we use in academia, and that's what you're applying to--I say go with a CV.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.