Include post-bac grades in averages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ny1020

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Just a quick question - I'm figuring out all my GPA averages (psych, last two years, etc.) and I'm not sure about how to incorporate my post-bac courses. I took some college-level psych courses after I got my Bachelors and was wondering if I should incorporate them into my averages like Cum GPA, psych GPA, and last two years?

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Does it change the averages considerably? If not, don't include the post-BA stuff at all.

It it DOES... you're probabaly going to have to ask all of your prospective schools what they want. If they weren't expecting the marks to all be added together, they could think something was up when the see your transcript lists a different cumulative. I feel like saying give two sets of scores-- one incorporating and one not-- but many written and online forms don't allow for that.

IIRC, programs want ALL transcripts for review....i assume if they ask specifically for GPA, I'd put them all down. If you want to show your math prowess...feel free to figure that out. :laugh:

-t

Members don't see this ad :)
Great comments, thank you. My post-bac would definitely bump it up a lot, so I was hoping to find a way to incorporate those grades. I'm just concerned that if I don't add them somewhere, the second transcript may be ignored. Maybe I will incorporate them into my psych GPA only, since that is the average where is it most applicable.