Include sorority in experiences section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is absolutely true; Vanderbilt is in Tennessee though, which is probably why it takes its Greek culture more seriously than many of the other top schools. Honestly a lot of Northern Greeks are really just a shadow of the Southern ones--they copy some of the partying but not really the culture at all, which makes it kind of pointless because your academic/personal interests still suffer but you don't get as cohesive of an alumni network. Nevertheless I still think that the networking aspect is attractive to a lot of students at top schools; it's possible that many of them are just as driven and motivated as the science/engineering kids but have realized that, compared to grades, their connections will be of greater use of them in politics and business.

I definitely agree with this. It is a smart thing to do if you're an aspiring businessman/woman.

Members don't see this ad.

Gosh, I hate all these sorority/fraternity threads. There are some d-bag *****s who are Greek, and there are some d-bag *****s who aren't. There are some wonderful intelligent people who are Greek, and there are some wonderful intelligent people who aren't. Get over it.

Disclaimer: I was in a sorority in college.