Incompetent Management

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DSM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I just got bumped out of my supervisor position by my immediate supervisor by reason of what I think is professional jealousy. Does anyone else have such a boss? Does incompetance run rampant in EMS or is it just my particular situation.

Here is your chance to vent......

Members don't see this ad.

Becoming unable to hump a stretcher OBVIOUSLY makes you a great EMS manager/supervisor. Especially in private companies, it's amazing to see how much inequity there is. You will be amazed at how narrow- and small-minded these people are, once you are out of there.

Originally posted by Apollyon
Becoming unable to hump a stretcher OBVIOUSLY makes you a great EMS manager/supervisor. Especially in private companies, it's amazing to see how much inequity there is. You will be amazed at how narrow- and small-minded these people are, once you are out of there.

No, I do realize how small minded they are already. The reason that I am back in school was because I was made aware of the upper level management going through my trash in my office to find evidence of ............who knows what???? Why would anyone go through the trash for any reason? I decided right then and there I had to go back to school and when I made that decision, it was easy to decide to go on to become a doc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided right then and there I had to go back to school

See something good came out of the incompetance....

I am very fortunate to be a part of a volunteer service with a great chief and board of directors. However, I know what it is like to be a part of an EMS service managed by fools.

By the way, my service is just down the road from me working an MVA into pole, pole fall down and tranformer go boom, pt trapped in car with head injuries, wires over the car. The power company just arrived a few minutes ago and hopefully I don't lose my lights - I have an anatomy practical tomorrow.

Just think that manager may have to face Dr. DeepSouthMedic in an ER one day at the wrong end of a GI exam....

Originally posted by beanbean
See something good came out of the incompetance....

I am very fortunate to be a part of a volunteer service with a great chief and board of directors. However, I know what it is like to be a part of an EMS service managed by fools.

By the way, my service is just down the road from me working an MVA into pole, pole fall down and tranformer go boom, pt trapped in car with head injuries, wires over the car. The power company just arrived a few minutes ago and hopefully I don't lose my lights - I have an anatomy practical tomorrow.

Just think that manager may have to face Dr. DeepSouthMedic in an ER one day at the wrong end of a GI exam....

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:smuggrin:

Yes, since managments foot tread is firmly stamped in my head I will remain much more compentent and over qualified for my position while I continue to take orders from people that don't have near the understanding of medicine that I do. I haven't found a progressive EMS managment system yet. And why is it they always grease the squeeky wheel. Tell them to shut up and deal with it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

Just wanted to chime in on how much i hate management too. I channel all my hate into my studying so i don't explode. i LIVE for the day that I am the physician when one of the small minded, women-hating, red neck, double talkin', SOBs needs one.

to fill you in, i was fired for not turning in a mandatory "quiz." the thing is, i am an hour away in medical school and called the supervisor 3 times to mail it to me...he did...on the day it was due!! when I made sure everything was ok that it was going to be late due to HIS failure to actually mail it when he said he was going to, he told me it was fine....then a month later i get a "how did you like working for us" survey....never even told me i was fired!!!! i went to the HR man and he said that the supervisor never spoke to him about such an issue. why are people INCOMPETANT!!!!!!!+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+
So, yeah I hate EMS management too

a bitter streetdoc