Incomplete fellowship ERAS applications / EFDO processing time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IM.MD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, good folks! Should I submit my fellowship ERAS application on July 20'th if EFDO is still processing 2 or 3 of my 4 letters of recommendation? If I go ahead and submit, would programs be able to see the "EFDO Processing" status of my LORs? What happens to incomplete applications (not having 3 LORs) behind the scenes?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, good folks! Should I submit my fellowship ERAS application on July 20'th if EFDO is still processing 2 or 3 of my 4 letters of recommendation? If I go ahead and submit, would programs be able to see the "EFDO Processing" status of my LORs? What happens to incomplete applications (not having 3 LORs) behind the scenes?
Thanks!
Yes. Nothing will happen. If a program filters on "3+ LORs present" your app won't exist to them anyway. But that's a super stupid filter so unlikely to be an issue.

Just...submit...now.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes. Nothing will happen. If a program filters on "3+ LORs present" your app won't exist to them anyway. But that's a super stupid filter so unlikely to be an issue.

Just...submit...now.
Even though, my application is probably average and 3 LORs will make it look prettier? 😀 Thank you for your input!

Do you know where I can find the ERAS thread?
Hi @Hera A there is a whole forum (collection of threads) for ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match.
If you don't find a thread title or topic that is discussing what you are looking for, you can start your own.

Just...submit...now.

In your experience, how many folks fall into the category of “everything is ready but LORs are still being processed” category and they submit? I worry only 2/4 of LORs will be processed on time.