Inconsistent FL Scores..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustDoMed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I was wondering if I could get opinions on which AAMC FL most mirrored their actual exam?
My score plummeted and I'm not sure what to do with my exam next week.

FL1: 506 FL3: 509 and most recently Fl2: 501
I've been consecutively taking FLs every week and was ecstatic that my score has been going up, that is until today.

Chem/Phys seems to be by strongest section and everything else has been a toss-up. Is it possible to realistically aim for a 508 at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!
I was wondering if I could get opinions on which AAMC FL most mirrored their actual exam?
My score plummeted and I'm not sure what to do with my exam next week.

FL1: 506 FL3: 509 and most recently Fl2: 501
I've been consecutively taking FLs every week and was ecstatic that my score has been going up, that is until today.

Chem/Phys seems to be by strongest section and everything else has been a toss-up. Is it possible to realistically aim for a 508 at this point?

Most people recommend taking the sample exam when your real one is approaching to avoid psyching yourself out the way you did. Your other scores are pretty consistent. Have you taken any other exams from other companies? I think you just need to relax and make sure you're totally focused on test day. Don't think about this one exam. Just review it well and then remember that you were in that range on the other ones and that you can do it again. Just a warning, I found the real exam much harder than the practice ones but I got the same score. So if it's harder don't panic and just remember that everyone else took the same practice exams and will also find it harder. You gotta stay calm and not get caught up wasting time on one specific part.

You should really take FL's regularly and save those AAMC ones for right before the real deal. Im in the same boat but with a whole bunch of Kaplan FL's. I took 4 over spring break and they went 504, 506, 509, 501 and I was going to take a fifth but I was too bummed after that 501 so I stopped short. Anyways what helped me was taking a break because I was a lil burnt. I took a week or so off FL's and just finished one (24 mins ago) and got my highest score.
Take a lil break and come back when you've taken a breath.

@freedoctor17 I took the sample a while back, but I felt like the CARS on the sample is waaaaay easier than what the other FLs were dishing out. Should I review the sample next in the following week? I was planning on reviewing the section bank slowly over my last week. I'll also try to keep that advice in mind come test day as I could feel myself slowing down on a ton of questions, but thank you for the advice and motivation

@Detective SnowBucket
I couldn't really afford to sink any more money into buying FLs as I also had to book a plane ticket and housing for my MCAT, but I did also take the Free next step one I believe about 5ish weeks ago and got a 506 on that as well. I don't really have an endurance problem, which is why I saved the FLs leading up to my exam.
Also I feel like that is great advice that I can't follow lol mostly because I'm trying to squeeze as much time as I can before exam day so I'm avoiding breaks. I will take it easy the day before my exam though with some light studying.