Inconsistent Verbal Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyewant2bemd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friends:

After numerous practice exams, the only thing consistent about my verbal score is inconsistency. How is it that one can score between six and nine, yet score an eleven and twelve randomly? Usually, I will miss zero to one question for three to four passages in a row, and suddenly, bomb the next two.

Also, this may seem a bit odd, but I can "feel" and accurately predict how well I will do on any given passage. During the passage, I sense full absorption and attentiveness, whereas with other passages, the first paragraph is a unwelcoming feeling of doubtfulness and difficulty to seem interested.

Do any of you share this experience when reviewing and taking verbal passages?

-K

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I can see verbal being the easiest section to be inconsistent on. One single VR questions holds much, much more weight than a science question. The first practice test I ever took I got an 8 on VR, and was totally blind. About two months later I took another practice test after prepping for VR some, and scored a 5.

It requires a TON of practice to be consistent. Keep on plugging. :thumbup:

Verbal Scores Are like Me with a menstrual cycle and its hormones.. they fluctuate and get worse with the mood
PS: Iam a Guy

Friends:

After numerous practice exams, the only thing consistent about my verbal score is inconsistency. How is it that one can score between six and nine, yet score an eleven and twelve randomly? Usually, I will miss zero to one question for three to four passages in a row, and suddenly, bomb the next two.

Also, this may seem a bit odd, but I can "feel" and accurately predict how well I will do on any given passage. During the passage, I sense full absorption and attentiveness, whereas with other passages, the first paragraph is a unwelcoming feeling of doubtfulness and difficulty to seem interested.

Do any of you share this experience when reviewing and taking verbal passages?

-K

Dude I hear you...

EK PT -10
EK PT 10
EK PT-8
EK PT-7
AAMC3- 9
TBR1- 12
AAMC4-12
AAMC5-8

lol