Incorrect "medically underserved" self-report...Freaking Out!!!

Started by Jumb0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jumb0

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, so I submitted my AMCAS two weeks ago, and I indicated that my area is NOT medically underserved. I figured since we have a medical school and major hospitals in the area, it can't be underserved...but I guess my concept was incorrect since AMCAS put a big ole "(U)" after my city's name to indicate that it is indeed underserved...

So I was WRONG.

Will this affect my application??????????
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it possible that I wasn't wrong? Could it be that the COUNTY is underserved but my specific city is not? There is a huge hospital and a medical school less than 10 minutes away from my house...
 
Dude, chill out.... Same thing happened to me and I looked at the (U), and said "Oh." That's the first and last time I thought about it. #Pleasebeatroll