Independent contractor billing company

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

redfish1891

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have agreed to provide weekend coverage for a local inpatient rehab unit. Does anyone have a billing company they recommend?
 
I would ask who the current docs use. That may keep things simplest.

It's worth asking if they're satisfied with their service, and what percent of collections they keep.
The docs did give me some recommendations, I haven’t heard back from the companies yet which made me a bit wary. I’ll reach back to them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My advice is to go with a local biller rather than a big company.
With a local company, you'd be a more precious commodity. They have a greater incentive to go after every dollar. When a company grows big enough to have hundreds of physicians all over the country, the billings of the any individual physician are less valuable.
I learned the hard way.
 
Last edited:
My advice is to go with a local biller rather than a big company.
With a local company, you'd be a more precious commodity. They have a greater incentive to go after every dollar. When a company grows big enough to have hundreds of physicians all over the country, the billings of the any individual physician are less valuable.
I learned the hard way.
That’s a great point. Thanks.