Independent pharmacies as employers

Started by MIRPh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MIRPh

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From my previous posts you'll know, I'm a new RPh; struggling to find a job. I plan to apply/enquire with few of my neighbourhood independent pharmacies for vacancies. But I have no idea about them. For example - Are they financially stable, do they abide by the laws, is there anything fishy abt them etc. How can I find out more? Any suggestions? Thanks...
 
Are they financially stable, do they abide by the laws, is there anything fishy abt them etc. How can I find out more? Any suggestions? Thanks...
Financially- will vary by the store. Reimbursement from 3rd parties is known to be pretty low now, but a lot depends on your volume and niche.

Laws/ fishiness... well they certainly have a lot more to lose if they get an audit. CVS/Wags can afford a million dollar fine or lawsuit. Can the place on the corner? Probably not. For this reason, I would think they would most likely be playing by the book. Although on the other hand, there is more incentive for fraud since you would directly benefit from the income. Another thing is to remember that you will be following laws, not company policies, so that can be a relief (no monthly CII audits, no flu shot quota, no corporate metrics to meet).