Independent Pharmacies for Sale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Silent Cool

Member
Removed
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright pharmies,

I hear a lot of talk about how much pharmacy sucks and how much CVS, WAGS, etc..., also suck.

So why not buy an independent?

Some simple perusing of the interwebs revealed the following gems:

http://www.businessesforsale.com/Miami-Long-Established-Pharmacy-Store-For-Sale.aspx

http://www.businessesforsale.com/Pharmacy-for-sale-30.aspx

http://www.businessesforsale.com/Retail-Pharmacy-For-Sale-7.aspx

http://www.businessesforsale.com/Bronx-Pharmacy-For-Sale-1.aspx

http://www.businessesforsale.com/Retail-Pharmacy-In-Victorville-South-California-For-Sale.aspx

That's just a sampling. Am I missing something?
 
Still waiting for comments from people angry about the lack of pharmacy opportunities out there.
 
why start a new thread to have a discussion? if we wanted to discuss, we could do it in mountain or doctor m's thread. not some general thread that repost pharmacies for sale with no value at all

and the same people who are complaining of lack of opportunities are most likely new grads that are in debt
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't speak for other opportunities but I would caution on the Bronx one... 375000 for ~30 rx a day...

Probably a good amount of narcs since that's where all of the shady docs are at also.
 
I can't speak for other opportunities but I would caution on the Bronx one... 375000 for ~30 rx a day...

Probably a good amount of narcs since that's where all of the shady docs are at also.

Azn,

Thank you for that comment. I appreciate it. That's the kind of insight I am looking for. I, too, felt that the net was too high relative to the gross and I was wondering why.
 
why start a new thread to have a discussion? if we wanted to discuss, we could do it in mountain or doctor m's thread. not some general thread that repost pharmacies for sale with no value at all

and the same people who are complaining of lack of opportunities are most likely new grads that are in debt

HouTX,

What is your opinion of the pharmacies for sale? I posted these because so often I hear people lamenting the loss of independent pharmacies, and yet I see these for sale.

Anyway, just curious if you think they would be a worthy pursuit for anyone--new grad or experienced.

thanx