Independent Pharmacists... Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmacistReb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those of you independents who are willing to share, how much are you making a year (after taxes), what type of area do you live in (rural, suburban, metro), and what is your pharmacy's big draw (convenience, specialty medications, specific service, ice cream!)?

I have a possible opportunity to start a junior partnership after pharmacy school with someone I currently work for. However, I also considering opening my own. I know opening one new is very hard to do. I live in a uber rural town in Tennessee. It's a town of close to 4,000 with literally one pharmacy... a Fred's. I know for a fact, because of my reputation in the town and surrounding area, that I would be opening up with unlimited amounts of "goodwill". If I did this, I would work retail for about five years and then go and give it a shot.

Anyway, if any independents would like to share how well they are doing, I'd very much appreciate it. I'd also love to hear if anybody out there has done something similar to what I've got in mind in the same rural type area.

Members don't see this ad.

you got it set up man.. rural location with backing from the townspeople .. perfect location to startup