• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Independent pharmacy square footage

n64bomb

7+ Year Member
May 13, 2013
  1. Pharmacist
If you wanted to open your own store as an independent, how much square footage would you use for the

1. pharmacy department (dispensing, counseling, compounding, drive thru )
2. pickup
3. otc
4. bathroom
5. storage
6. consultation/mtm/poc testing/immunization room
7. break room/lunch room

johnpharm01

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2018
  1. Pharmacist
If you wanted to open your own store as an independent, how much square footage would you use for the

1. pharmacy department (dispensing, counseling, compounding, drive thru )
2. pickup
3. otc
4. bathroom
5. storage
6. consultation/mtm/poc testing/immunization room
7. break room/lunch room
The smallest practically and legally allowable. Otcs are a waste of space. If you run your own pharmacy as only pharmacist you won't have time to do mtm with any appreciable script volume.

TateThePharmacist

Jan 4, 2020
  1. Pharmacist
I know when allocating things the bean counters wouldn't agree, but I think a break room is extremely important for employee moral. I worked for a company that completely remodeled their breakrooms- they put really nice furniture, couches, nice paint, and cable tv. I noticed it right away and appreciated what they had done and was much happier taking my breaks there. Then I worked at another company that the breakroom was a fold up table and crappy chair, where when I was trying to eat my lunch customers would stare at me since the door never closed properly. Yeah it made a difference on my moral for working for those two different companies.
As much as everyone hates them though, I would probably counteract the really nice breakroom with a drive thru. This is America and everyone wants convenience.

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
I know when allocating things the bean counters wouldn't agree, but I think a break room is extremely important for employee moral. I worked for a company that completely remodeled their breakrooms- they put really nice furniture, couches, nice paint, and cable tv. I noticed it right away and appreciated what they had done and was much happier taking my breaks there. Then I worked at another company that the breakroom was a fold up table and crappy chair, where when I was trying to eat my lunch customers would stare at me since the door never closed properly. Yeah it made a difference on my moral for working for those two different companies.
As much as everyone hates them though, I would probably counteract the really nice breakroom with a drive thru. This is America and everyone wants convenience.

Agree with this. I worked at Target as an intern and they have huge break rooms with TVs, a ton of fridges, vending machines. On holidays they would have delicious food catered. It was cleaned daily.

At CVS we got a closet with a folding table and crappy chair. The break room was disgusting and never cleaned.

D

deleted562805

Agree with this. I worked at Target as an intern and they have huge break rooms with TVs, a ton of fridges, vending machines. On holidays they would have delicious food catered. It was cleaned daily.

At CVS we got a closet with a folding table and crappy chair. The break room was disgusting and never cleaned.
I agree with this too.i interned at Kroger. Kroger had a good break room with booths instead of chairs, a TV, fridge, and vending machine.

Dr Wario

Hey you! Want to try this pill?
10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2011
  1. Pharmacist
What exactly is a break room? I hear some other employees whispering about something called that but I have yet to see this mystical place for myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.