Indian Doctors to work as Obstetrician & Gynecologist in Singapore

Discussion in 'China and Eastern Asia' started by docapplee, May 7, 2012.

  1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. docapplee


    Mar 19, 2012
    Hello Sir/Madam,

    I'm currently practicing as a Obstetrician / Gynecologist in India, and was planning to practice the same in Singapore.
    I hold a MBBS & Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynecology from India.
    I was wondering if you by any chance have time for assistance & guidance with information on steps to start practicing medicine in Singapore, as i was also planning to practice the same in Singapore.
    I did look at the SMC official website on the eligibility towards practicing in SG, but since my medical college doesn't fall in the list of SMC approved coll/univ, i'm a little confused and believe i might only be eligible to start off with applying for temporary registration.

    Would someone be able to guide & help me in understanding the options I may have. And what it needs for me to apply for temporary registration / or start practicing as a Gyn in SG ?
    Also i came across the term 'service provider' in the SMC requirements & eligibility list i.e. " engaged as service providers in institutions approved by SMC". Could you please help understand what being engaged as a Service Provider mean and what it takes to become one ?

    Thank you for your time & truly appreciate your help in advance,

    Eagerly waiting for a response & Best Regards
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Harisit2005

    Harisit2005 2+ Year Member

    Mar 6, 2009
    If you are not from the List of universities listed by SMC then you have tough path i guess...
    Any way you can try to contact the SMC or any Major hospital organizations like sing health or yong lun hospital or also you get help from some career agents who are specialized in grabbing job for foreigners(Off course they'll charge you a lot )..

    any way the procedure will be like..
    before applying for Conditional registration should be employed by an Singapore hospital...bcos along with the application you have to submit the employer status and details etc...
    I hope you have minimum 5 years experience in you field...then you can give a try..and best of luck for you future in singapore....

Share This Page