Indiana or NYU???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hitmans45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was prepared to pick the cheapest school I was accepted to, but being OOS doesn't make the cost that big of a difference. (Indiana is surprisingly expensive). These are my options that I have to work with so far and was hoping to get other people's perspective. We have location for NYU and all of the students I spoke with said the class size wasn't really an issue. Indiana has smaller class size and has been slowly phasing out PBL for the past couple of years and has been going under renovations recently. Any input is appreciated guys!

Members don't see this ad.

What city did you like best?
Loved NYC, but I didn't get a chance to check out Indiana (in and out flight). But I don't know what I was thinking about saying the costs weren't too far off. Indiana is still moderately cheaper.

Members don't see this ad :)
The cost of Manhattan is a pretty big hit. I would assume that Indiana is a lot cheaper in regards to rent. How do you see yourself at each school? I guess it all has to depend on what you value more, the price of the experience or the experience itself and where you'll be happiest. Personally, I'd go where I'd be happiest over cost, because that's where I'll be most successful.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd choose the cheaper school . When you factor in cost if living , NYC would be more expensive.

Indianapolis is a lot cooler of a city than people think! I would definitely check it out/research it if you have time. Most students hangout in Broad Ripple, which is an area of town with tons of bars and restaurants. Very neat place. Don't know much about New York but don't think you're just going to be stuck in cornfields in Indiana!

I second Finnagain. Indy is a pretty cool place, believe it or not. Of course, I've never been to NYC so I can't say much about that. :pBut there is definitely a lot of entertainment in Indy and from what I understand, the school supports commuting pretty well, so you could probably find an affordable place to rent pretty easily. Good luck!

Indianapolis is a lot cooler of a city than people think! I would definitely check it out/research it if you have time. Most students hangout in Broad Ripple, which is an area of town with tons of bars and restaurants. Very neat place. Don't know much about New York but don't think you're just going to be stuck in cornfields in Indiana!
I second Finnagain. Indy is a pretty cool place, believe it or not. Of course, I've never been to NYC so I can't say much about that. :pBut there is definitely a lot of entertainment in Indy and from what I understand, the school supports commuting pretty well, so you could probably find an affordable place to rent pretty easily. Good luck!
I'm glad to hear the place does have exciting areas. Being from the west coast, I guess we stupidly think there's nothing but corn fields until you hit the east. Thanks for your input guys.