Indiana State University DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1123grrf!

Reaction score
Hey All! I did a search and did not see a thread yet for Indiana State University 2018-2019 applicants. Has anyone heard back from them with Interviews or any other correspondence? I have heard back from all the schools I applied to that do interviews, so I was wondering if that meant I did not get one or they just are slower than most DPT schools.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey All! I did a search and did not see a thread yet for Indiana State University 2018-2019 applicants. Has anyone heard back from them with Interviews or any other correspondence? I have heard back from all the schools I applied to that do interviews, so I was wondering if that meant I did not get one or they just are slower than most DPT schools.
Thanks!
Applied, but no word yet. I show that year's past interview invites went out around Nov. 10th. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard anything?
I have not, which is kinda funny because I got interviews for all the other schools I applied to and they were harder schools to get into. I interviewed at another school in Indiana and there was an applicant that said he got called for an interview, but that they were extremely unorganized. He said they had at least one section before his but they said they will keep calling for interviews until their class is full.

Hi! I interviewed at Indiana State last weekend. They sent me an interview invite on Oct. 30th but then all communication stopped with them until right before the interview. Their admissions director took an unexpected leave of absence right when they were sending out interview invites, so they only got around to sending out a small number of interviews. They said that they will be doing a second interview date in January to catch the rest of the people they hadn't emailed yet. Hope this helps.

Hi! I interviewed at Indiana State last weekend. They sent me an interview invite on Oct. 30th but then all communication stopped with them until right before the interview. Their admissions director took an unexpected leave of absence right when they were sending out interview invites, so they only got around to sending out a small number of interviews. They said that they will be doing a second interview date in January to catch the rest of the people they hadn't emailed yet. Hope this helps.

How did your interview with ISU go? And do you know how many interviews they held for the first round?

How did your interview with ISU go? And do you know how many interviews they held for the first round?

I got waitlisted, which was surprising. They told us on the day of the interview that we would know in February one way or another. I am not sure if they just waitlisted everyone that they had an interest in until the second date of interviews (to give everyone a fair shot since they were supposed to have been invited to the first day as well) or if they actually accepted some people that first round too. They were supposed to just do one weekend of interviews with around 90-100 people total I believe, but they had only contacted 50 of us at the time. Out of that 50 they contacted, I believe only around 40 ended up interviewing that weekend. So basically, they still have about the same amount of people that they are still interested in, but didn't talk to before the admissions director took her leave of absence. My friend just got an email for an interview on that second round, so they should be starting to get in contact with the others.

I got waitlisted, which was surprising. They told us on the day of the interview that we would know in February one way or another. I am not sure if they just waitlisted everyone that they had an interest in until the second date of interviews (to give everyone a fair shot since they were supposed to have been invited to the first day as well) or if they actually accepted some people that first round too. They were supposed to just do one weekend of interviews with around 90-100 people total I believe, but they had only contacted 50 of us at the time. Out of that 50 they contacted, I believe only around 40 ended up interviewing that weekend. So basically, they still have about the same amount of people that they are still interested in, but didn't talk to before the admissions director took her leave of absence. My friend just got an email for an interview on that second round, so they should be starting to get in contact with the others.
I received an email for an interview during the second round as well. I bet they just "waitlisted" all of the first round of interviewees to give everybody a fair shot. You'll probably hear a real acceptance or waitlist after the January session. What was the interview like?

I received an email for an interview during the second round as well. I bet they just "waitlisted" all of the first round of interviewees to give everybody a fair shot. You'll probably hear a real acceptance or waitlist after the January session. What was the interview like?
Hi guys! I am a current DPT student at ISU. The interview process last year was your typical questions - why do you want to be a PT, give an example of teamwork, etc. The interviews were spaced out this year due to an issue with staffing! It took a month from my interview last year to get accepted. I hope this helps :)

The interview was really easy. I got interviewed by 3 people and they just took turns asking questions. It seems scary but it’s honestly more calming that way because you have multiple people to interact with and divide your attention. It’s all basic questions like why pt, leadership experience, how you would react to a problem, etc. The people I was interviewed by were very nice and we were laughing with one another a good amount of the time.