Indiana University Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

predental1984

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been looking over the interview feedback section and Indiana University's feedback is full of spam, If any of you have already interviewed there, I would really appreciate if you could go throught the day, and talk about what kind of questions were asked. I have an interview on Nov 6th. Thank you for your help.
 
Search on this forum. I personally put a little detail on this topic about a week ago.
 
I had my interview there last week. First, Dr. Kasberg gives a little pep talk about the program, the strengths and weaknesses, etc. This takes about 20-30 minutes. Then you get a brief presentation about financial aid (which I can't remember a thing about). Once the presentation is over, they split us up into two groups of three. One group goes on a tour of the school with a student while the other three get interviewed individually. Then you switch. It's a panel interview consisting of two faculty members and a student. It was very laid back...and they only asked the standard questions: Why dentistry? Why IU? Tell us about your leadership experiences. And I think they asked for clarification on a couple of things in my application. It lasted maybe 20 minutes, and I was out of there. Very low pressure.
 
The previous poster pretty much summed it up...I'm an in state applicant and I was asked the standared "why dentistry" and "what are your hobbies". The interview itself was about 10 minutes and then we talked about my grades for another 10.