Indiana university post interview-scared

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hinduluv

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
life is not fun

Members don't see this ad.

Relax...I interviewed october and didn't know until late december. I would be happy, however, that they haven't seen your file and simply passed on it.

You're still in the game, don't worry.

so did you get in or not? cause if you didnt that would suck.

Members don't see this ad :)
no one gets a rejection letter from indiana post interview until may or something (it seems they just put everyone they don't like on a waitlist)...everyone that gets something in the mail post interview is an acceptance. If you haven't heard anything in 3 or 4 months and your file is finished - then I'd be worrying. Make sure your file is finished...only then will they even consider looking. I've heard of someone interviewing in Oct. and finding out in March, so yeah...

also, you don't hear anything from them until after the 15th of each month. I called a week before acceptances were sent out and they said what they said to you but the day they sent them out, i found out i got in...

a 30/3.4 is good if you're an indiana resident...keep your hopes up!

thanks man, keep the hope alive. i sent them a letter of intent and some other stuff, hope that boosts my app.

this happened to one of my friends two years ago. interviewed pretty early...november or so...didn't hear anything, so in feb, gave iu a call. found out that when his file was up for review, his interviewer was out of town, so they didn't review him. was reviewed soon after that, put on waitlist, accepted in june. it ain't over till it's over! good luck!

Stop worrying unless you bomb the interview. They have already done the number crunches (mcat/gpa) now they just wanted to get to know you. They obviously feel you are a qualified candidate because of the many students that had been turned down already so fear no more.

still no response at IU, no interview at 15+ schools as well. should i be thinking about the carib schools?

Originally posted by hinduluv
still no response at IU, no interview at 15+ schools as well. should i be thinking about the carib schools?
No you should be thinking about DO schools. With your stats, if you applied again to both MD and DO schools early, you will get in somewhere.

look man...they havent even looked at your file...that means they are backed up. its not like they looked at your file and then said...uh oh...lets put him on hold right now.

thats not even the case.

3.4 30...i dont think you should really start thinking about carrib...

Hang in there, everything will turn out alright. Your numbers definitely make you competitive, a 3.4 isn't going to make people stay away from you and that 30 is good for a lot of schools. How late did you apply this time? I really think if you applied early next year you will have a good shot. Plus, you still haven't heard from IU yet right? Don't give up yet!

well the thing that completed my apps was my august mcat. and i sent out secondaries within one week of recieving them. I also had my IU interview bumbed from late february to early january. Its now march and they hold all waitlists and rejections till sometime in june. Of course when and if i need to reapply ill do it as soon as possible, do you guys think that applying early makes that much of a difference in my case. oh one more question, would retake the mcat if you got a 12, 8, 10? I had a consistent 11,11,12 before the real deal, so kinda dissapointed in that 8. as a matter of fact i got an 8 in phys on my diagnostic, can you beleive that ****.

Originally posted by hinduluv
well the thing that completed my apps was my august mcat. and i sent out secondaries within one week of recieving them. I also had my IU interview bumbed from late february to early january. Its now march and they hold all waitlists and rejections till sometime in june. Of course when and if i need to reapply ill do it as soon as possible, do you guys think that applying early makes that much of a difference in my case. oh one more question, would retake the mcat if you got a 12, 8, 10? I had a consistent 11,11,12 before the real deal, so kinda dissapointed in that 8. as a matter of fact i got an 8 in phys on my diagnostic, can you beleive that ****.

OK... they haven't even REVIEWED your app. You are a good applicant and I'm willing to bet money that you will get in. Everything about your app besides the GPA is excellent: those are their words and it can't get any better than that. Keep in mind that a 3.66 average gpa is just that, an average. That doesn't mean that someone with a 3.0 has never been accepted there. I'm sure there is a little spread on that number, anywhere from 3.4-3.8. A 30 is above average for them, so why wouldn't they want your MCAT to drive up their average MCAT? Put it all into a whole package and you are a good applicant.

Don't bombard them and become really annoying. Check back every other week or so, ok? ok!

i hope your right alreadyindebt. i really hope your right.