Indianapolis 2br duplex avail Sept 1, $900

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I'll be leaving my 2br/1ba duplex on Sept 1 and am frankly very sad to leave. Currently pay 900 which includes water, and I split internet with my neighbor for $20/month. Quiet neighborhood, 10-15 min. drive to IU/ IUPUI depending on traffic. Pets OK (we have indoor/outdoor cats). Wood floors throughout (except bathroom, which is ceramic tile). Nice little sunroom to enjoy the sun on those chilly mornings. 2 car garage. Home security system is installed (though you'd have to pay the service fee to use it I guess; it was installed already when we moved in and we have not used it- I feel very safe here).

Great outdoor space. Doesn't feel like living in the city even though you're so close- pond, gardens, chickens in shared outdoor space (appx 2 acres maybe?). Easily have your own veggie garden- or make friends with the retired neighbors out back and you may come home to freshly baked bread and veggies on your doorstep, or eggs from the landlord.

Fantastic neighbors, many of whom are retired from medical profession (retired neurologist, psychiatrist, oncologist, and marriage counselor all live nearby and are great fun to talk with). Landlord lives next door but is extremely chill and easy to get along with- he does landscaping; his girlfriend is from Ukraine. They're middle aged and he has a 4yo son who spends time w/ him e/o week. We share 1 wall of the living room and kitchen w/ them and the are generally very quiet. Back door neighbors are from Europe and other nearby neighbor from Japan, and folks from many different US States. Ethnically and religiously diverse neighborhood (for the midwest; maybe not if you're coming from, say, NYC). A definite plus.

3 min drive to the interstate so easy to drive places quickly and close enough that the roads get cleared quickly in winter. Pretty close to the canal trail and the IMA art museum with its 100 acre woods; we ride or run out there every weekend. This trail also goes all they way Broad Ripple (a fun, young, artsy part of town) and connects to the Monan trail which is miles and miles. Nice ride to local restaurants and breweries (about a 20 min bike ride to Broad Ripple, 10 to the museum) and if you connect bits of trails together you can get downtown and to the cultural trial without riding on the road too much. It's also a 5 min bike ride from Marion University's Velodrome (for bicycle racing- we enjoy watching them in the summer) and a park where soapbox derbies regularly occur. So- lots to do nearby.

I'll really miss it here. Trying to help them find good tenants because I've been so happy here. Happy to take and send pics if you're interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey @singasongofjoy , would this duplex still be available? Also, is there any way you can post pictures of the location? Sounds like a great place to live!

Hey @singasongofjoy , would this duplex still be available? Also, is there any way you can post pictures of the location? Sounds like a great place to live!
Hi! I can't post pics because I'm no longer there- moved out a couple of days ago. As of my last conversation with my landlord as he was helping me move out, it was still available. Send me your email (or however you prefer to be contacted) and I will pass it on to the landlord - not sure if there is a way to send a private message on this forum?