This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowthai

holding a barbell.
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already asked this question in the med students forum, but I wanted to hear you guys' take. I hope this is allowed, lol.

I was curious. Most fields that require very intense amounts of training require some form of indoctrination or programming. I assume that's true for the field of medicine. What are some examples of this?

As a result of being molded into an instrument of death, (I meant healing, I joke) I've heard that a loss of compassion and empathy is common. But doesn't that sound like a killer though? Lol. Why exactly is this true? Also, how has this affected your interactions with people inside and outside of medicine? I know it's a lot of questions, but it's just very interesting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.