Industry job Hunt, Interviews, and Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsquitpharm

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Part 1: Pfizer Compensation.......in San Diego
Part 2: Hottest Pharma/Biotech job market in the last 20 years?

I am currently based on the west coast, in a very expensive COL geographic area, looking to relocate to East Coast. I started job hunting in mid-Nov, working with several recruiters for ~15 east coast/remote opportunities, and I am happy to say that I just accepted a job offer (155k base + 15% bonus + 62k RSU + 5k relocation + 3% 401k match, etc) for a company of size>1000 headcount based in East NJ. And my target start date will be Jan 10th. Yeah!!!

For someone who was out of pharmacy school <3 years, with slightly less than 2 years of relevant industry exp and never did a fellowship, I have to say that I am very happy with where I am at, and I am looking forward to a new chapter of my career on the east coast. I want to encourage all the pharmacists here who want to make the transition out of retail or hospital. It is certainly doable as long as you talk to & learn from people currently working in your dream job, make an actionable plan, and then work HARD towards it. I was never a fan of pharmacy fellowships, and in fact, I didn't even apply to one during my midyear. I was told by so many others maybe I was thinking and daydreaming too much when I said I wanted to and will work in a nontraditional pharmacist role postgrad. The initial industry job search during the onset of covid lockdown was certainly very hard and disheartening, but I still managed to secure an industry position, albeit at a reduced salary level since like many others I didn't dare to negotiate. But I am still very grateful for all the opportunities and help I got from so many strangers in such an unprecedented time, and I did whatever it takes to learn and accumulate the valuable initial industrial experience to leap forward, so that maybe one day I can return the favor.

I will be starting in a mid-senior level R&D role (principal scientist in clinical/quantitative pharmacology) at a fastly growing company, hiring to fill all sorts of positions in R&D, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, medical affairs, etc. For people who are interested, feel free to PM me or leave a reply here, and I will be happy to provide any career tips and help :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats and good luck. beigene, possibly?

Question, where did you find the recruiters? I have difficulty finding good ones.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question, where did you find the recruiters? I have difficulty finding good ones.
I didn't find them, but they found me on LinkedIn instead. Once you add a few recruiter connections, the LinkedIn algorithm will let more recruiters find you more easily in their feed/search I think🤔

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't find them, but they found me on LinkedIn instead. Once you add a few recruiter connections, the LinkedIn algorithm will let more recruiters find you more easily in their feed/search I think🤔
Damn I gotta update my LinkedIn.

@letsquitpharm congratulations! I am also transitioning into industry soon. Just wondering if you wanted to DM and connect on LinkedIn?