Industry Options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

workingfarmer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a pharmacy student what are the ways to get into industry in terms of regulatory affairs or even some forms of biotechnology? I know there are internships and post-doc opportunities but what else? please advise

Members don't see this ad.

You're likely not going to get many helpful answers because this topic has been repeatedly beat to death. Do a quick search and I guarantee you will find helpful pockets of information.

For example: Pharmaceutical Industry 101

Reactions: 1 users
As a pharmacy student what are the ways to get into industry in terms of regulatory affairs or even some forms of biotechnology? I know there are internships and post-doc opportunities but what else? please advise

I don't quite understand what you mean by "some forms of biotechnology".

Industry opportunities include: internships, post-doc fellowships, APPE rotations, or simply through job postings online.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
One of the biggest and most underutilized perks of pharmacy school are the contacts that faculty have with industry.

Apparently only attractive females get industry positions as posted in a prior sdn post

Start on the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy website to read more about the fields. Most pharmacy schools will have their own chapter of that or Industry Pharmacists Organization, and will also spend time introducing you to the field in your first year.

Reactions: 1 user