Inern job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

landakerjenna

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am working as a tech at CVS pharmacy right now. I just got accepted in UF Jacksonville campus. I will be moving up there in August. Also I want to work up there so would I be considered as an intern? If so what is the procedure to transfer as an intern? Do we get payed more as an intern? what is the range for 1PD

Members don't see this ad.

You are not an Intern until your first professional year. It depends on the program. If you want to transfer, have your pharmacy supervisor contact his counterpart near your school and they should be able to find a spot for you...

I am working as a tech at CVS pharmacy right now. I just got accepted in UF Jacksonville campus. I will be moving up there in August. Also I want to work up there so would I be considered as an intern? If so what is the procedure to transfer as an intern? Do we get payed more as an intern? what is the range for 1PD

When I was a 1PD (in 2004), we received our intern licenses in January 2005 (spring semester). You are not registered with the Florida Department of Health until then therefore you would not be considered an intern (at least until you have your intern license). You should call CVS though and ask them their protocol. Congrats on UF :)