Infectious Disease and ... ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kakarrott

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As name of this threat suggest, what I am asking in if there is anything that can be combined with Infectious Diseseases and why would that one combination be good with it.
Like, for example only, Dr. House is ID and nephrologist, I dont know if it is only to show that hes genius or if ID and Nephrology can be combined.
Is there something else that can be combined with Id? like critical care or something?
I hope I made myself clear enough :/
Thanks for answers in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

As name of this threat suggest, what I am asking in if there is anything that can be combined with Infectious Diseseases and why would that one combination be good with it.
Like, for example only, Dr. House is ID and nephrologist, I dont know if it is only to show that hes genius or if ID and Nephrology can be combined.
Is there something else that can be combined with Id? like critical care or something?
I hope I made myself clear enough :/
Thanks for answers in advance :)

You can combine anything with ID if you're willing to do the extra training.

But you've got to do medicine or peds first.

Large dogs

Don't base your career decision off of TV shows, please. House was a fun show to watch, but totally unreasonable from a medicine perspective (MDs literally running their own assays in the lab, running the MRI scanner, doing the brain biopsy...)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ID/critical care is becoming a more popular option over the last few years. I think programs are adopting it mostly because it is so hard to find people who want to accept an ID salary: critical care supplements that quite a bit.

Personally, I've thought about that combo. ID and CC are my two favorite areas of medicine and I want to do global/international health where most critical care cases are related to ID.

I would generally not suggest combining things just for the hell of it though, that's a lot of extra time and training.

Reactions: 1 user
Tantacles : Thanks for you answer :)

Admiral : Of course I do not want to do it because of House, I just used him as example because I knew that anyone would know who Iam talking about instead of some random :) thanks for your tip anyways :)

URHere : Since I has posted this thread I have found this combination too, and it seems pretty good to me :) thanks for your answer and confirming that something I found on the internet :)