Info on failure rates 1st year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmpills

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where can i find info for the number of students for particular pharm schools who didnt make it the first year? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Where can i find info for the number of students for particular pharm schools who didnt make it the first year? thanks

I don't think that any schools publicly advertise such info. Most likely, you'll have to find out from students who happen to hear about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its really low at UK, like 2-3 people

Schools that have a pretty high average PCAT like (UK and Utah) will have low failure rates. I've seen a couple pharmacy journal articles that show that PCAT score is one of the best methods of determining success.

University of Texas has an average PCAT of 77 for the current P1 class. I've been told that 7 have failed so far this school year and it looks like a few more will.

I know someone who went to Texas Tech a few years back, and he said that a couple would fail and a couple would just drop out here and there, but nothing like 10 in one year.

Schools that have a pretty high average PCAT like (UK and Utah) will have low failure rates. I've seen a couple pharmacy journal articles that show that PCAT score is one of the best methods of determining success.

University of Texas has an average PCAT of 77 for the current P1 class. I've been told that 7 have failed so far this school year and it looks like a few more will.

I know someone who went to Texas Tech a few years back, and he said that a couple would fail and a couple would just drop out here and there, but nothing like 10 in one year.

Wow, I guess I thought the average pcat would be higher for a reputable school like that.

Wow, I guess I thought the average pcat would be higher for a reputable school like that.

It had been climbing over the years to the low 80s, but it recently dropped sharply due to some changes in admissions. Part of it is probably due to 30 spots being held for some 0-6 students.