Info on mail-order pharmacy

Started by SAMSSONZ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SAMSSONZ

SS
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How does a pharmacy become a mail order pharmacy contracted thru P.B.M.'s such as medco and such?

Is it possible a retail/comm. pharmacy can perform these services on top of thier current business?

Can anyone shed some light on this topic? T.I.A
 
I realize a pharmacist can work for a mail order, but is it possible for a pharmacy to be sub-contracted with one of the P.B.M's?
 
I realize a pharmacist can work for a mail order, but is it possible for a pharmacy to be sub-contracted with one of the P.B.M's?

lol, look at CVS/Caremark...I guess you have to own the PBM to be a "mail order" facility...:laugh: What a joke!
 
is retail doing a tenth of the volume of a mail order?? i doubt youd be able to get good enough prices with a retail's volume to meet the needs of the insurance companies