Inform future employer of NAVLE pass?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chimmerchammer

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First of all, huge congrats to everyone who took the NAVLE this past window, regardless of the outcome. We got through it and it is not a measure of the veterinarian we'll be.

I was just wondering if it's common at all to send an email to our future employer that we passed the NAVLE? I accepted a job offer a while ago, which is of course contingent upon passing the NAVLE and graduating. Should I send an update to my boss, or would they not really care until it's time to apply for state licensure?
 
If the offer was contingent, I’d probably send them a quick email to let them know. That way they know they won’t have to scramble to find a replacement for you. I’d keep it brief.