Informal post bacc

Started by highdefn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

highdefn

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!
I am new to SDN but was recommended to come here through a friend and get some information. So I just graduated from undergrad this past May and am now planning on taking classes as a post bachelor student. But this is going to be informal not through a program. I graduated with a 3.11 cGPA and even with taking 19 credits of upper level bio classes over the next year my GPA will only raise up to a 3.22 but I will have A's in 5 upper level bio classes(19 credits- 8 this fall, 11 in the winter). My DAT score is a 22 so do you think taking this route is a good idea? I spoke the admissions office at umich dental school today and their representative told me that this isn't a bad option but I wanted to get a second opinion.

thanks!