Quantcast

informal post-bacs experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paveen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've looked through the post and couldn't really find what i was looking for. I see lots of talk about doing informal post-bacs in CA, but does anyone have any info about doing informal post-bacs other places? I know how to apply and all but was just more looking for experiences as a post-bacc. Particularly for schools in the midwest

jslo85

Resident
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the reason you don't see any information because informal post-baccs are very subjective and a broad term an can virtually be done anywhere. You can enroll at any 4 year university as a quick entry student or a part time/full time student and take any classes that you feel that you wish to take. You can also enroll at a CC and it would be an informal post-bacc as well.

The reason you hear discussion about formal programs is that they have a structured curriculum that is largely not subject to much change and grant a certificate/degree at its completion. It probably has requirements such as a minimum GPA maintained in the program as well as X number of credits and such and go through an applicatoin process with such and such admissions requirements. Informal post-baccs normally have none of that and are purely subject to whatever one wishes to take/do.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.