Nov 6, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I'm on a SubI right now and the school invited the SubI's to do "informal residency interviews" with the program director in lieu of later interviews. They said "informal" multiple times. Would you wear a suit to this or go in normal hospital wear (i.e., nice pants/button up shirt and tie)?

Wordead

10+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You're gonna go interview in slacks and a shirt? :bang:

Feb 16, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
A friend of mine had this happen on an EM subI and they literally just pulled him aside one day and talked to him for like 15 min while he was wearing scrubs, but I'm guessing this is a little different. I'd say dress up.

SouthernSurgeon

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
A friend of mine had this happen on an EM subI and they literally just pulled him aside one day and talked to him for like 15 min while he was wearing scrubs, but I'm guessing this is a little different. I'd say dress up.
Yeah I mean if they grab you and say, "let"s chat" that's different.

If you have a scheduled appointment...dress up.

ACSurgeon

Acute Care Surgeon
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
I'm on a SubI right now and the school invited the SubI's to do "informal residency interviews" with the program director in lieu of later interviews. They said "informal" multiple times. Would you wear a suit to this or go in normal hospital wear (i.e., nice pants/button up shirt and tie)?
I would treat this exactly like a formal interview. Bring your A game and wear a suit. That is if you want to have a shot of matching there.