Informal Residency Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnhoedack

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on a SubI right now and the school invited the SubI's to do "informal residency interviews" with the program director in lieu of later interviews. They said "informal" multiple times. Would you wear a suit to this or go in normal hospital wear (i.e., nice pants/button up shirt and tie)?

Members don't see this ad.

"Informal" refers to the fact that you'll be interviewing just with the PD, on an unscheduled day, rather than as a part of their "formal" interview process through ERAS. It doesn't refer to the level of dress.

Reactions: 1 users
You're gonna go interview in slacks and a shirt? :bang:

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine had this happen on an EM subI and they literally just pulled him aside one day and talked to him for like 15 min while he was wearing scrubs, but I'm guessing this is a little different. I'd say dress up.

A friend of mine had this happen on an EM subI and they literally just pulled him aside one day and talked to him for like 15 min while he was wearing scrubs, but I'm guessing this is a little different. I'd say dress up.

Yeah I mean if they grab you and say, "let"s chat" that's different.

If you have a scheduled appointment...dress up.

I'm on a SubI right now and the school invited the SubI's to do "informal residency interviews" with the program director in lieu of later interviews. They said "informal" multiple times. Would you wear a suit to this or go in normal hospital wear (i.e., nice pants/button up shirt and tie)?

I would treat this exactly like a formal interview. Bring your A game and wear a suit. That is if you want to have a shot of matching there.