This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idontwantnoscrubs

Informatics, surgery, and outcomes!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since you clicked, you either wanted to know more or already do about informatics. If you're a coder, biostats guru, have experience in health informatics or bioinformatics, please send a message or reply below!

I'd like to create a community of health professionals in informatics. There doesn't seem to be much out there, so it's time! For those wanting to know more about health informatics or bioinformatics, try these links.

Members don't see this ad.

Since you clicked, you either wanted to know more or already do about informatics. If you're a coder, biostats guru, have experience in health informatics or bioinformatics, please send a message or reply below!

I'd like to create a community of health professionals in informatics. There doesn't seem to be much out there, so it's time! For those wanting to know more about health informatics or bioinformatics, try these links.
Hi! I'm glad I found this post. Currently pursuing MPH in Epi with a certificate in Health Informatics. I have a lot of professional experience with programming. I was wondering what the market is like for bioinformatics and the importance of getting a PhD in informatics?

15 years IT and recent GIS (ESRI) experience. Working towards a GIS certificate.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
20 years software engineering, about 2 full years in private practice (Pathology). I am planning on sitting for informatics boards next year when I become eligible for the practice pathway that is currently open through the ABP. Not sure what the market value is for the board certification, but I figure why not -- at least make it official so that I can say that the time I spend on networking, server issues, intranets, web site re-design, HL7 interfaces, and what not is within my scope of practice :) Shouldn't hurt my creds for my consulting business either.