Information for intern medicine training in ireland??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pvelli

PabloV
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello:
My name is Pablo, I am an intern in barcelona, and I am thinking to going to Ireland to make my training.
I would thanks all the information than you can give me.
Thaks for your attention!!
Pablo Velli

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Trinners,

I was hoping you could answer a question for me. I am in my second year of medicine at University College Dublin in Ireland. Suppose I did an internal medicine residency in the US after my degree here in Ireland. Do you think I would be able to find employment as a physician or a fellowship spot here in Ireland after I finished (I would be mostly interested in employment as a physician - I wouldnt mind having to redo to years of training just as long as I was making a wage). How about Australia? Do you think there would be a market for a Canadian who was certfied in Internal Medicine in the US in either of these countries?

I know I am talking a long way down the road but it would be nice to know that I would have some back up options if for some reason I couldnt get a J-1 waiver in the US and couldnt get back in the US for a job after my two years return of service in Canada (I think this would be unlikely but it would still be nice to have some good backups).

Thanks

Trinners said:
http://www.rcpi.ie/site/650/default.aspx

That site provides details about general professional training (GPT) in internal medicine here in Ireland. You've missed the deadline for the SHO medicine scheme this year though.

Thanks for your information Trinners.