• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

cantaluna

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
hello again. I also would like to inquire about other animal careers besides becoming a veterinarian. I am thinking about going back to school and interested in a career other than veterinary medicine. I would like to do research in which I can help animals by maybe coming up with treatment to help those that are sick. Something to that affect. However although I believe I would like to do research in helping animals I have no idea where to look for this information (such as schools, titles of this choice, etc.) Any information will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

HeartSong

Okstate 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
Oklahoma
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I think that maybe majoring in Microbiology would be the best route. Here's some information about it http://www.asm.org/Education/index.asp?bid=1272. I know here at OkState they have a dual program where you go to vet school for 2 years, then do a year in the microbiology program, go back to vet school for 2 years and then do a couple more years to finish up the microbiology program.

You could also try to set up a time to talk to the head of the Biology Dept. at any nearby universities and see if they can help you determine what major to go into.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.