1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Information session questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by dptdiaries, Jul 6, 2018.

1. dptdiaries

I am planning on attending information sessions at a couple of universities. I was just wondering what it an acceptable attire and what sort of questions I should be asking. Some schools have information sessions over the summer break so I will not be able to interact with the faculty would you still recommend I attend these sessions.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MBPB

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Ask any questions that you have and they don't talk about. Wear whatever you would be comfortable with one of the admissions counselors seeing you wearing.

4. cmquin12

cmquin12 SPT
    2+ Year Member

Physical Therapy Student
    Don't ask anything you could find out by using google, ask things which would be unique to the professors or the university itself. Dress at least business casual (dress to impress).

5. dptdiaries

thanks

6. dptdiaries

thank you

7. penguins_

Physical Therapy Student
    I asked things like:
    1. Is it possible to work during school?
    2. How long are classes?
    3. What is one piece of advice you'd give to incoming students?

For me, it was important that the school I attended understood that we are not just students. Sometimes, we need to take a mental health day. Sometimes, family does come first. So information sessions are an opportunity for you to see if that school is a good fit for you!

dptdiaries likes this.