Information that would help PT write me a letter of rec?

Started by ctwen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ctwen

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My physical therapist agreed to writing a letter of recommendation for me; however, he has asked me to send him information about myself that would help him write the letter. Do you guys have any idea what sort of information i could send him that would be helpful? I was thinking maybe my resume?
 
My physical therapist agreed to writing a letter of recommendation for me; however, he has asked me to send him information about myself that would help him write the letter. Do you guys have any idea what sort of information i could send him that would be helpful? I was thinking maybe my resume?

I sent all of the people I asked to write me recommendations my PTCAS personal statement, my resume, and my transcripts so that they had a lot to draw from.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
to the OP...just be careful. I think some schools don't want your personal PT to write a rec for you (unless they also happen to be your boss or someone you've shadowed/worked with)...mine wrote one for me but she was also the manager at the clinic where I was an aide, so when I was injured I went to her. I don't know your situation, and maybe you have worked with them in something other than a patient/PT relationship, but if not, then check with the schools you're applying to to make sure they don't have that as a stipulation.