Information

Started by jignesh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jignesh

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hiiiiiii 🙂 all guys here ...... I want to know about the universities that giving admission in Pharm.D without taking the PCAT ........ mainly in the states : Illinois - chiacago , NY , NJ , CAL .... .do it for me ..plzzzzzz
thanks ,... and your respose in appreciated .... 👍
 
I think there is some info in the stickies on the top of the forum...That might help you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hiiiii ... thanks for ur kind reply ..... its useful site for me ....

once again thanks .....
 
You're in high school, I assume?

The programs that don't require the PCAT are 0-6 programs, which means that you'll start as a freshman, and you'll automatically progress to pharmacy school as long as you keep the required GPA (which varies, the lowest I've heard of was 2.5 at Rutgers and a few other colleges and the highest I've heard of was a 3.5 at Pittsburgh).

Here are some that I know of:
USP
Rutgers
ACP
U. of Pittsburgh (if you get accepted that way)
I'm pretty sure Northeastern does 0-6, but I could be wrong.
Ohio Northern

Yeah I think there aren't very many, if any, 0-6 programs in the south.
 
You're in high school, I assume?

The programs that don't require the PCAT are 0-6 programs, which means that you'll start as a freshman, and you'll automatically progress to pharmacy school as long as you keep the required GPA (which varies, the lowest I've heard of was 2.5 at Rutgers and a few other colleges and the highest I've heard of was a 3.5 at Pittsburgh).

Here are some that I know of:
USP
Rutgers
ACP
U. of Pittsburgh (if you get accepted that way)
I'm pretty sure Northeastern does 0-6, but I could be wrong.
Ohio Northern

Yeah I think there aren't very many, if any, 0-6 programs in the south.


hiiiiiiiii thanks for ur kind reply ... see i hav completed my pre pharmacy ....

thanks for ur reply further ....

may i add u as friend ??
 
hiiiiiiiii thanks for ur kind reply ... see i hav completed my pre pharmacy ....

thanks for ur reply further ....

may i add u as friend ??

You can add me as a friend if you want.

If you completed pre-pharmacy, then you pretty much have to take the PCAT no matter where you go. I believe a few colleges didn't require the PCAT about 5 years ago, but now I think everyone does, unless you're transfering as a pharmacy student from a pharmacy school that didn't require the PCAT in the first place (meaning a 0-6 direct entry program).

So if you really don't want to take it, you'll have to start all over and spend an extra 2 years in school.
 
You also don't need to take the PCAT if you get into UB through the early assurance program.

As of now it's 2 years of undergrad at UB (coming in as a freshman with a declared major of pharmacy) and if you keep a 3.5 GPA in your math/science courses you get accepted.

From there it's 4 years of the actual pharmacy program. There is still an interview process, it's a lot of work but no PCAT required and as long as you keep that GPA it's almost guaranteed admittance after 2 years (very few exceptions)

Edit: I didn't realize you already completed your pre-pharmacy, sorry!