Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jignesh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hiiiiiii :) all guys here ...... I want to know about the universities that giving admission in Pharm.D without taking the PCAT ........ mainly in the states : Illinois - chiacago , NY , NJ , CAL .... .do it for me ..plzzzzzz
thanks ,... and your respose in appreciated .... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I think there is some info in the stickies on the top of the forum...That might help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
hiiiii ... thanks for ur kind reply ..... its useful site for me ....

once again thanks .....

You're in high school, I assume?

The programs that don't require the PCAT are 0-6 programs, which means that you'll start as a freshman, and you'll automatically progress to pharmacy school as long as you keep the required GPA (which varies, the lowest I've heard of was 2.5 at Rutgers and a few other colleges and the highest I've heard of was a 3.5 at Pittsburgh).

Here are some that I know of:
USP
Rutgers
ACP
U. of Pittsburgh (if you get accepted that way)
I'm pretty sure Northeastern does 0-6, but I could be wrong.
Ohio Northern

Yeah I think there aren't very many, if any, 0-6 programs in the south.

You're in high school, I assume?

The programs that don't require the PCAT are 0-6 programs, which means that you'll start as a freshman, and you'll automatically progress to pharmacy school as long as you keep the required GPA (which varies, the lowest I've heard of was 2.5 at Rutgers and a few other colleges and the highest I've heard of was a 3.5 at Pittsburgh).

Here are some that I know of:
USP
Rutgers
ACP
U. of Pittsburgh (if you get accepted that way)
I'm pretty sure Northeastern does 0-6, but I could be wrong.
Ohio Northern

Yeah I think there aren't very many, if any, 0-6 programs in the south.

hiiiiiiiii thanks for ur kind reply ... see i hav completed my pre pharmacy ....

thanks for ur reply further ....

may i add u as friend ??

hiiiiiiiii thanks for ur kind reply ... see i hav completed my pre pharmacy ....

thanks for ur reply further ....

may i add u as friend ??

You can add me as a friend if you want.

If you completed pre-pharmacy, then you pretty much have to take the PCAT no matter where you go. I believe a few colleges didn't require the PCAT about 5 years ago, but now I think everyone does, unless you're transfering as a pharmacy student from a pharmacy school that didn't require the PCAT in the first place (meaning a 0-6 direct entry program).

So if you really don't want to take it, you'll have to start all over and spend an extra 2 years in school.

You also don't need to take the PCAT if you get into UB through the early assurance program.

As of now it's 2 years of undergrad at UB (coming in as a freshman with a declared major of pharmacy) and if you keep a 3.5 GPA in your math/science courses you get accepted.

From there it's 4 years of the actual pharmacy program. There is still an interview process, it's a lot of work but no PCAT required and as long as you keep that GPA it's almost guaranteed admittance after 2 years (very few exceptions)

Edit: I didn't realize you already completed your pre-pharmacy, sorry!