Informing programs of CS retake date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superoxide

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I sent out my applications yesterday (09/02). I applied to 21 programs. I've been tracking the applications on ERAS and noticed than 10 programs have already downloaded my application.

I'm an IMG who failed CS. I have already passed Step 1 and CK. On the CAF I entered "FAILED" for CS, but didn't enter a "WILL TAKE" date because I didn't have one yesterday. This morning my application for my CS retake went through and after sitting in front of the computer for 3 hours, managed to get a date on October 14th. I should have my score back in time to be ECFMG certified by ROL deadline. I'm sure informing the programs about this will probably greatly increase my chances of getting an interview. Since I can't enter that new information now onto my CAF, should I email the programs individually and let them know about this? Should I email the program coordinator or PD or both? Should I attach my confirmation notice as well, so that they know I'm not lying about it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I sent out my applications yesterday (09/02). I applied to 21 programs. I've been tracking the applications on ERAS and noticed than 10 programs have already downloaded my application.

I'm an IMG who failed CS. I have already passed Step 1 and CK. On the CAF I entered "FAILED" for CS, but didn't enter a "WILL TAKE" date because I didn't have one yesterday. This morning my application for my CS retake went through and after sitting in front of the computer for 3 hours, managed to get a date on October 14th. I should have my score back in time to be ECFMG certified by ROL deadline. I'm sure informing the programs about this will probably greatly increase my chances of getting an interview. Since I can't enter that new information now onto my CAF, should I email the programs individually and let them know about this? Should I email the program coordinator or PD or both? Should I attach my confirmation notice as well, so that they know I'm not lying about it?

Thanks!

Email the Program Administrator / Coordinator, usually via ERAS's email system.

aww man i didnt know we could put in a retake date for CS and i didnt put that in my application before submitting it. so i guess we can email the program coordinators via ERAs...but how do we get the email addresses? do we get the email address from the assignment reports section of our application?

aww man i didnt know we could put in a retake date for CS and i didnt put that in my application before submitting it. so i guess we can email the program coordinators via ERAs...but how do we get the email addresses? do we get the email address from the assignment reports section of our application?

My bad.

We can email you via ERAS, but I don't think the reverse is possible.

I don't know what you see in your reports. Perhaps email addresses are there. If not, you can look up the email address in FREIDA. Both the PA and the PD email is listed. Use the PA address.

My bad.

We can email you via ERAS, but I don't think the reverse is possible.

I don't know what you see in your reports. Perhaps email addresses are there. If not, you can look up the email address in FREIDA. Both the PA and the PD email is listed. Use the PA address.

There is no way applicants can send messages to the program through ERAS. So what I did was I sent an email to the programs informing them about my retake. I used the email address that was listed on ERAS. For some programs, the PA's email was listed and for others it was the PD's. So I sent an email starting with "Dear Program Director/Program Coordinator"....

Not sure how that is going to go down. I haven't received any replies or acknowledgments about that email. :oops:

Good luck to all the applicants!

ok thanks for your help...i also emailed them from the email address on ERAS and i got one reply that said they will review my application. the others i havent recieved anything from. i hope they got the email...goodluck everyone!!