Infosource

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Godfather

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long does it take the schools to post information on Infosource. My application was sent out from AASDAS 3 weeks ago, and I've been contacted directly by four of the eight schools since then. What kind of info do they post? Everytime I click on Infosource it says that my application has not been processed. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

The Godfather said:
How long does it take the schools to post information on Infosource. My application was sent out from AASDAS 3 weeks ago, and I've been contacted directly by four of the eight schools since then. What kind of info do they post? Everytime I click on Infosource it says that my application has not been processed. :thumbup:

Infosource = a waste of time and it is only updated by certain schools. So many schools of whom you apply to won't even use it. I wouldn't rely on it except for if it says when they (AADSAS) sent your application to schools and when they mailed your paperwork. There isn't really a time (as in exact number of weeks) after you click "submit" that they post updates. You will find the AADSAS is a huge waste of money and they should provide better service. See complaints on other posters applications and how they were handled by the AADSAS.

i have the rest of my LOR's sent in 3 weeks ago!!! and they still haven't updated yet?!?!

is anybody experiencing the same thing? :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
fruity_trident said:
i have the rest of my LOR's sent in 3 weeks ago!!! and they still haven't updated yet?!?!

is anybody experiencing the same thing? :eek:

nevermind! i read a few threads..tried going through ADEA.org, then infosource...and my LOR's are in..
phewfff...and they've got my "correction" for my application..but it hasn't been mailed out yet...well neither have teh rest of my LOR's..but at least they have it..

Since I interviwed at IN on Oct 15, they have updated their Infosource 3 times. The last update occurred yesterday. There are no specifics, but the date keeps changing. Would you guys view this as a "good sign"? Or do you see a lot of updating on your Infosource. :confused:

I see updating all the time on Infosource. Most of the time it has no affect on my application--just a more recent date to wonder about.

I hope that means a good sign

HD

I have already been interviewed at schools... and my infosource still has no info on the status of my application.

Infosource was a bad idea.

Infosource isn't worth much. It is updated irregularly. Some schools don't seem to even use it, and some of the information is wrong. Best to just call the schools.

i hate infosource, but i can't seem to stop checking it every 3 minutes...instead of studying for my midterm that i'm writing in 20 mins!

i can keep logging in and logging out...but nothing changes...infosource is not very responsive...i think i'm putting too much effort into this relationship...
i may need to break it off soon.... :love: ..but it'll be hard :D

why are you checking it every 20 mins? you mean just today (friday)? It gets updated every Friday at around 12 pm.

I'm with fruity, I check it like every half hour or so.... :eek: But one time I checked it and UPitt had updated it like on a Tuesday. So that made me realize that I do indeed need to check it everyday.

After going through so much frustration with the process, things have been getting better for me. It took AADSAS less than 4 weeks to process my app and it will be sent out today. The last LOR came in today too. Infosource seems to synchronize pretty well.
Last Friday I was given the ID number. Today I found out the last LOR came in, just right on time for my app to be sent out. I'm blessed. Hopefully, the rest will be this smooth.

DENTIST 2 BE: b/c i'm nuts/neurotic/paranoid

luder98 said:
After going through so much frustration with the process, things have been getting better for me. It took AADSAS less than 4 weeks to process my app and it will be sent out today. The last LOR came in today too. Infosource seems to synchronize pretty well.
Last Friday I was given the ID number. Today I found out the last LOR came in, just right on time for my app to be sent out. I'm blessed. Hopefully, the rest will be this smooth.

WHAT?!?! :mad: my final reference letter was received nov 15th and they sent out my other ones nov 17th...but EXCLUDED the nov15th one..
with period cramps and this...i am just REALLY MAD!!! #$(%*&#$%&#$*%&#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW'S THIS FOR YELLING?!?!?!?

fruity - let it out...vent....breath....it will be alright ;) you are too funny!

fruity_trident said:
DENTIST 2 BE: b/c i'm nuts/neurotic/paranoid

WHAT?!?! :mad: my final reference letter was received nov 15th and they sent out my other ones nov 17th...but EXCLUDED the nov15th one..
with period cramps and this...i am just REALLY MAD!!! #$(%*&#$%&#$*%&#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW'S THIS FOR YELLING?!?!?!?
You forgot bold-ing them. CAP's == yelling. CAP's == screaming :laugh:

Hey...I don't know where to post this, so I'll post it here.

I haven't had mail in 2 weeks! 2 weeks! Not one interview invite (schools received my app Oct.06)! The agony of not receiveing any mail for 2 weeks is far too much for me to bare. Stupid mailguy keeps delivering the wrong mail to me (I drive over and deliver it to the people down the street). I have come to the conclusion that perhaps he delivered some of my mail to my neighbours, who have not been so kind as to deliver it back to me......paranoid? Maybe. Anyhow, just thought I would vent. :confused:

This may sound ignorant, but what exactly is Infosource?