Initial Q bank percentage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jason_p

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of postings on qbank percentage and its correlation to a step one score. Well, my question is what kind of qbank percentages did most people have when they started studying and what helped change that most. Its been a week for me and I have been making about 55 to 60 percent. What can I expect with 3 more weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

Started around 55% by the end of 4.5 solid weeks...76%.

Best of luck :D

I'm scoring around 60-65% the first time around. I've been doing QBank off and on for about 6 weeks- but so far have made it only through about 25% of the questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
depends if you're using Qbank for review, how quickly you can refresh your memory taking tests cold, whether you wait till after you finsh reviewing to go into Qbank, etc.

personally i think Qbank works best as a review - being asked a question i don't know drives the info home better than just reading it off a page. key is to read all of the explanations for the wrong answers, too.

might be obvious suggestions...

400 questions completed....66%.....I wish I knew what that correlates to on the actual exam!:confused:

I took the USMLE step I last year and here is what my experience was. Before studying for a subject...50% on Q bank
After reading first aid and a BRS for a subject ... 80% on Q bank (for the given subject)
Final overall avg (1000question) ... 70% on Q bank
USMLE step I score 230's.

Just a tip...use first aid as an outline for your content review, and supplement the content with BRS and Q bank. Take the last week to exclusively study first aid to re-cement the high points.
Good Luck!