Inpatient locums hr rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ogliodendrocyte

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Located in a desirable city, (where i currently reside do not have move)
Dont have more details but in brief summary- MWF round 12-15 patients, looking for me to be there 5-8hrs a day. Pay is 175$ hr. No weekend rounds, call coverage 100$ plus 175 if called in

This is first locums interview I've done so not sure what to expect. Does 175$ seem average? Looking online seems like that's the about the norm

 
Last edited:
Located in a desirable city, (where i currently reside do not have move)
Dont have more details but in brief summary- MWF round 12-15 patients, looking for me to be there 5-8hrs a day. Pay is 175$ hr. No weekend rounds, call coverage 100$ plus 175 if called in

This is first locums interview I've done so not sure what to expect. Does 175$ seem average? Looking online seems like that's the about the norm

I was offered about $190 so 175 seems reasonable
 
I was offered about $190 so 175 seems reasonable
Yeah but now I'm running the math and not sure if things add up unless Im missing something

I think a level 2 FU reimburses like ~75$ so i saw 15 patients and most should be level 2 since you're managing all chronic medical conditions= 1125$ a day, doesnt even take account of comprehensive H&Ps and discharges

175$ for 7 hrs of work is 1225$ just a 100$ more than if I was on my own with my own billing company

And the locums isn't having to pay for travel, lodging, etc
 
Located in a desirable city, (where i currently reside do not have move)
Dont have more details but in brief summary- MWF round 12-15 patients, looking for me to be there 5-8hrs a day. Pay is 175$ hr. No weekend rounds, call coverage 100$ plus 175 if called in

This is first locums interview I've done so not sure what to expect. Does 175$ seem average? Looking online seems like that's the about the norm

It's very average. It's not horrendous, but there are better rates out there. You're not likely to get much more than that with Comphealth or locumtenens.com though.