Inpatient opening, opinion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

icekitsune

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,
there is an opening at a hospital with description including Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or Pharm D (preferred). New York State Pharmacy License (or eligibility) and interest in hospital practice. The Level I pharmacist is typically a new graduate or a pharmacist with less than one year of professional experience. This level may also be appropriate for a pharmacist with less than 5 years of experience who has minimal or no acute care pharmacy experience. ".

As a new grad with not alot of experiences, I'm unsure if I should go for it/apply considering I lack experience in inpatient and in a way, feel i'm not as educated as some of the other inpatient pharmacists Ive seen. I don't have a residency and like I mention, not sure if i can even handle the hosptial pharmacy
 
I don't right now. There is some cvs floater, ft opening close to my area, the inpt one opened yesterday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the drawback of applying? In my opinion, worst thing that can happen is no one contacts you and/or a more qualified/better-fitted candidate gets picked. But if you don't apply, then you'll never know if you would've been said candidate 🙂
 
I love your avatar! I guess I don't want to embarrass myself or my expreceptor should anything go wrong...
 
Depending on what phase of the interview process you complete, your ex-preceptors may never know.

Besides, while I wouldn't necessarily say that not getting a job is always the norm (see that double-negative there?), it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of, especially in light of this market.

So what if you happen to stumble and fall? Just pick yourself up and keep moving. No one cares as much as you think they do, anyway. Good luck!