SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Inputting Course Work

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by AP191, May 20, 2014.

  1. AP191

    AP191 2+ Year Member

    Jun 2, 2013
    I know this may be a dumb question, but I took Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2 in the Kinesiology department at a university. When inputting these courses would they go under:

    ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY IN BIOLOGY:ONLY Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) courses completed in a biology, neuroscience, anatomy, or integrated physiology department.


    ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY - OTHER: All A&P courses completed in an allied health, physical education, exercise science, or other department. ??

    I applied last year, and I put it under the "other" category, but I think that may be wrong since kinesiology would technically fall under the anatomy or physiology department category, correct? I know many schools require the anatomy courses be completed in a science or anatomy department or else they won't accept the courses.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Azimuthal

    Azimuthal Ninja Zombie Slayer 5+ Year Member

    Jan 29, 2012
    Kinesiology is it's own department and thus "other" would be correct.
  4. AP191

    AP191 2+ Year Member

    Jun 2, 2013
    If that is the case, then I know a couple of people that went to UIC where anatomy 1 and 2 are given in the kinesiology department, and were accepted to institutions that required those courses be in a "biology, neuroscience, anatomy, or integrated physiology department". I wonder if it makes a differences, since kinesiology encompasses anatomy and physiology.
  5. starrsgirl

    starrsgirl 7+ Year Member

    Oct 5, 2010
    In my mind, kinesiology is quite different than a bio focused A & P. I had to take both since my undergrad was also through the kinesiology department. (Had to redo A & P to apply to PT school). In my undergrad kinesiology A & P, we never really went into things like the liver or deep study of the skin. It was all muscle and bone focused. My advice is make sure you are calling the schools for them to review don't want to be surprised if they don't take it.
    Azimuthal likes this.
  6. DesertPT

    DesertPT ` 2+ Year Member

    Apr 22, 2013
    It would definitely go in the "other" category. I would contact the schools you are applying to and discuss your situation, and not rely on what other people have told you happened to them.

  7. AP191

    AP191 2+ Year Member

    Jun 2, 2013
    Yup, you guys are right. I called PTCAS and they said the same thing. I also called many of the schools I was going to to apply to, and every single one except Hampton University said they would accept the courses either way. Thanks for your responses!

Share This Page