Inquiry about non ACGME accredited fellowship

Started by hishamov
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hishamov

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello


I am looking to apply for hematology and oncology fellowship , I am currently working as a hospitalist and I am feeling it is hurting my CV? I am looking for some non accredited fellowship opportunity that may help boost my resume and get more research experience. I did some research and found some in MD Anderson and one in Cleveland where they offer leukemia, melanoma, and experimental therapeutics . Does anybody know any other places that my offer some opportunity like that


Thanks
 
Is there a reason you think your current job is holding you back? Did you apply and get few/no interviews this year? Do you not have much oncology experience, LORs, research, etc from your residency?

These fellowships CAN be helpful for a selected subset of applicants, but the bulk will not get much benefit.
 
I applied , got around 5 interviews but didn't match, I had some research ( not very impressive) and had good letters from oncologist, had some experiance working in cancer center in the past