Inquiry about non ACGME accredited fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hishamov

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking to apply for hematology and oncology fellowship , I am currently working as a hospitalist and I am feeling it is hurting my CV? I am looking for some non accredited fellowship opportunity that may help boost my resume and get more research experience. I did some research and found some in MD Anderson and one in Cleveland where they offer leukemia, melanoma, and experimental therapeutics . Does anybody know any other places that my offer some opportunity like that

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a reason you think your current job is holding you back? Did you apply and get few/no interviews this year? Do you not have much oncology experience, LORs, research, etc from your residency?

These fellowships CAN be helpful for a selected subset of applicants, but the bulk will not get much benefit.

I applied , got around 5 interviews but didn't match, I had some research ( not very impressive) and had good letters from oncologist, had some experiance working in cancer center in the past