Instagram in Pharmacy School?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlamorDrugGirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I know all the other questions are mostly stressing over the PCAT, your GPA, your applications, and many other topics 1,000x as important as my topic...but I think you’re all stressing too much!

I’m huge on Instagram and in undergrad I got really lucky with a group of friends who were also pretty big on taking pics everywhere we went (not to an annoying degree, but you know!)
I was just wondering...for those of you who are also huge on this...what advice do you have for finding the perfect friend or two for this IN pharmacy school?:) I’m starting in August with a class of 150 people and I’m sure I can find someone who also likes pics but I just don’t want to be that annoying person taking pictures everywhere. And also I heard pharmacy school or any school in general forms cliques by the end of the first week, and I’ve never been the most talkative...but I also don’t want to be lonely for the next 4 years of my life...

Ugh! I just started ranting about two different topics but I think everyone understands the moral of my question for the most part. Help me become distressed! :’(

Members don't see this ad.

You should just make your living with Instragram and forget about going to pharmacy school. You will most likely be miserable throughout school and after when you graduate with $200k+ in loans.

Hey @GlamorDrugGirl! In pharmacy school, you'd likely find students that have similar interests to yours especially in a class of 150 students. I remember in my first year of pharmacy school, they introduced us within the first few months the various clubs and organizations that were available. We had fraternity such as Kappa Psi and several organizations that represented the pharmaceutical side as well. Each organization was unique and the organization leaders love to have pictures since it can show off all the events they do. Once you sign up for certain organization(s), you might find it easier to talk to others in your class and do what you enjoy.

Because you are in pharmacy school in 4 years with the same people, you are likely to be familiar with most people in your class even as an introvert. My class had around 130ish people and by the end of my 3rd year, I pretty much knew everyone in the class though I gravitated towards a smaller set of 3-4 friends who I knew I would work well with on group cases.

I hope this helps and good luck in pharmacy school! :)