Medical Institutional action warning - what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a very very stupid mistake and I honestly hate myself, I feel like I just messed up my entire life. I was taking a lab class last fall where group collaboration was encouraged but individual answers were required. I thought that meant it was okay if I worked with my friends and I shared my answers with some other students and got other answers in return. I was totally wrong an was accused of plagiarism by my teacher. I talked to my dean and explained how I had imperfect knowledge of the rules and they agreed with me and told be this situation would only result in a letter of warning due to extenuating circumstances. The letter of warning is on my record but I don't know if I need to provide that in my med school app. When I apply I'll explain all of this and how I received a letter of warning because of temporary misjudgment/lack of knowledge as stated in the letter. I know I sound like an idiot and I really don't want to seem like I am trying to shift blame because it is all my fault for being really idiotic but I want to know if anyone has any advise on how to approach this situation?
Freshman?
Sophomore?
Junior?
Senior?

How many lab classes have you had to date?

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.